I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

...and I'm just now in the planning stages for my next cruise sometime in Oct/Nov.

Celebrity Summit, 11/6....

Maybe we can get aplmac to show us the photogenic side of Barbados! ;)

Dave

I'm hunting the 10-day cruises myself...so far, the front-runner looks like it might be the Emerald Princess 10/29 - it would give me 10 days and two islands I haven't yet visited (Bonaire, Grenada). Still trying to figure it all out though.

Some fun stuff here folks! Happy to see so much participation!

Daughters dropped by today on the way to their Twilight party. Our family's Ace of Cakes did one for the party:

p789781405-4.jpg

Happy shooting!

Dave

Edited by pierces

Ok. The impromptu cake photo was needed to chronicle my daughter's efforts, but UPS delivered the close-up lenses for my Lensbaby today.

Snuck up on a sleeping blue Hydrangea...

p94947450-4.jpg

Dave

Yesterday, I got my Fujifilm Finepix S1800 to replace my S700. This was taken

while having lunch with friends today. Used Super Macro 1/104sec f3.1

ISO64 5mm FINE mode. Original 4000x3000 (4.4mb comp.) resized to 1200 x 900.

I don't think it's too bad for a $200 camera.

x5pero.jpg

This thread has some fabulous snapshots. Dave, love the Twilight cake, LOL my daughters are fans too. And MDSue, Love the flowers photo. Beautiful. Keep them coming I love the photo threads!!!

Thanks- that was my favorie pic today too!

More playing around with my new 300mm lens yesterday - I decided to try some across-the-room shots of my cat doing her bird watch in the window. It was a many way test: the lens itself, the depth of field wide open, and the high ISO performance. All straight from camera jpegs...first at ISO3200:

original.jpg

Second at ISO6400:

original.jpg

The kitty was adopted, having been abandoned in my yard just a few weeks old...she's now just over 2 years old. My first cat too, having been a 'dog' guy all my life.

Picked up the Canon D10 for taking some shots underwater, but it seems to take pretty decent shots above water as well.

CanonD10Pics002.jpg

Loved the sun rays, been working a bunch of OT lately, but the sunsets have been amazing working late.

CanonD10Pics005.jpg

CanonD10Pics004.jpg

Today I was working at a golf resort community up in the mountains. I found out I was going to be stuck at the residence I was at for about an hour because of a golf cart parade:eek: So I grabbed the Canon D10 and found a spot as the colorful decorated golf carts came by.

CanonD10Pics006.jpg

CanonD10Pics007.jpg

Later on, I found a place to take a break and took a walk to snap some pics of some Rhododendron and wildflowers to test out the MACRO capabilities of the Canon D10. I also located a spring nearby which was pretty cool.

I love my DSLR, but the Canon D10 is pretty cool for going into harm's way. Glad I picked it up!

Has everyone taken photography classes or something, or do you just naturally learn/know all of the photography lingo? LOL I would love to take a photo class and learn everything I can about cameras, taking pics, etc.

Is this something you did or did you figure it out all on your own?