I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

While technically I didn't take these today, I finally finished going through all the photos from our British Isles cruise in May. Salisbury Cathedral was the spot that astounded me. The baptismal font was awe inspiring (as it should be).

enhance

Reflection in baptismal font

enhance

The font has water running at all times, it pours from the points of the cross, you can just barely see it at the bottom of the picture.

enhance

We took a tour after the cruise, through International Friends, booked through the London Toolkit. It took us to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor (3 days before THE wedding). Well worth it if you're not running for the airport on disembarkation.

Vic

• 3 weeks later...

Still learning. I should have remembered Weegee Fellig's "f/8 and be there" response when asked how he got all those great shots as a photojournalist.

Shot at 1/60s - f/4 - ISO250 - 105mm - Savannah (left) is just a little behind the in-focus plane while Hailee is as sharp as a semi-candid portrait needs to be.

p2927326023-5.jpg

Shot at 1/60s - f/5.6 - ISO400 - 95mm, Savannah is completely in focus where it matters.

p2927346528-5.jpg

After shooting with APS-C cameras for so may years, getting used to the significant difference in depth of field is my biggest challenge with moving to the A7. With all the other pluses from the move, this isn't exactly an ordeal and though a little challenge makes me work to be a better photographer, I sure wish my old habits would die a little easier.

Practice, practice, practice...

Dave

cdb90ab9-5f0d-4d1c-9d71-9b4bdb6572adNot sure if my photo will post correctly, as I’ve never tried to before. It was taken in one of my back yard gardens. My DH and I are cruising to Alaska in September and I am researching cameras which brought me to this forum. Loved all the photos and thought I’d share one of my own. Even if it was taken with an iPhone.