I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Thank you Ginny!

I use a Canon Rebel and had a 55-250mm lens on (so I wouldn't freak out mama bird more than necessary).

Both photos were taken in TV (shutter priority) mode at 1/40 and ISO 800, which gave f6.3 for the first one and f5.6 for the second.

I upped the contrast levels slightly and used the unsharp mask tool (photoshop elements).

There are so many beautiful shots on this thread, too many to name, but I'll single out the rows of hot sauces. So vibrant and interesting.

I am DEFINITELY taking a photography course after my professional courses I have to take this fall so I can understand what you just said and do the same! Thanks.:D

Got out for some wetlands birding Monday with my A550 DSLR and 300mm F4 prime lens:

Nice shots Justin!

I wanted to get a 70-400G for birding but couldn't justify the expense for the sparrows and crows around the house.

I guess I'll wait for the next Alaska trip...

Dave

Got out for some wetlands birding Monday with my A550 DSLR and 300mm F4 prime lens:

Those are wonderful ! Those Florida wetlands provide some incredible photo opportunities and you did a great job capturing these birds.

These were from last week also.

930080207_VnBrj-L.jpg

930094007_nofwb-L.jpg

Picking up a color from the photo is an important part of a frame.

Your beautiful frames make a beautiful photograph even better.

I do this, too, but usually have trouble deciding how wide to make each color.

Picking up a color from the photo is an important part of a frame.

Your beautiful frames make a beautiful photograph even better.

I do this, too, but usually have trouble deciding how wide to make each color.

Thanks for the comment. Playing with the borders can be tricky but I like adding them when dispaying photos on a board such as this. I just do what is pleasant to my eye, knowing that it won't work for everybody.

I use Photoshop Elements, it's much less expensive.

I know how to use Photoshop but I like Photoshop Elements better.

I have Photoshop Elements on my computer - but I haven't been able to figure it out. Feeling a little stupid here.:rolleyes: I have been relying on Picasa. It works well for basics, but I see other things I would like to do as well. Another class in the future, I suppose.

I have Photoshop Elements on my computer - but I haven't been able to figure it out. Feeling a little stupid here.:rolleyes: I have been relying on Picasa. It works well for basics, but I see other things I would like to do as well. Another class in the future, I suppose.

That program is like eating an elephant - take little bites. Start very simple. Get a photo up in editor, type ctrl-l (Levels) and play with the sliders, click on reset and click on auto - see what changes and how you like those changes. Go to your library and hunt for books, our library system has tons of them. I liked the authors Scott Kelby or Philip Andrews to help me get going. Some folks like the for Dummies books, I hate them.

We went to visit family 1200 miles away (a loooooong drive :D). They had a nest of swallows on their back patio.

IMG_2199.jpg

I thought of this thread, got out my 40D and long lens 70-300mm IS and shot through the glass of the door so I wouldn't startle them. It took about 25 shots to get this one. They would pop up like this just before mom flew up with the food.

IMG_2213.jpg

Could have been a little sharper. Would have been better to shoot not through the glass I think.

Robin