drury inn New Orleans

cruisebarbie

They charged me $13 plus I tipped for a taxi, I guess we were ripped off.... or maybe I misremember, just paid $20 and called it even.

You will enjoy this hotel. We were on floor 7, 20 ft or more ceilings, lots of black marble, beautiful room. 24/7 coke machine is free.

They charged me $13 plus I tipped for a taxi, I guess we were ripped off.... or maybe I misremember, just paid $20 and called it even.

You will enjoy this hotel. We were on floor 7, 20 ft or more ceilings, lots of black marble, beautiful room. 24/7 coke machine is free.

Fire, it sounds like you gave the driver a $13 tip...because the cabs are a set rate from the downtown area of $7 pp....and I guess it is higher if you are just one person (never heard that before)....that driver will be on the lookout for you and your next trip....;):D

We enjoyed our stay at Drury pre-cruise in February 2009. We walked from there to the French Quarter for dinner (Deanie's) and a stroll all the way to Cafe Du Monde for coffee and beignets and then back to the hotel. We paid $7 per person plus tip for the cab ride to the port and ditto for the ride back to the hotel after the cruise.

My wife and I stayed at Drury March of last year before our cruise and found it to be really nice and an easy walk to both the French Quarter and Riverwalk mall. On Sunday morning the day of our cruise we walked around Jackson Square and then to Riverwalk mall. There are some gates at the cruise terminal end of the mall that they open up when the boats are in. Around 11:30 am we walked down to the terminal to confirm that they were taking luggage for our cruise (which they were). We walked back to Drury and got the car which we had loaded earlier and drove to the terminal. They took the luggage curbside and I drove back to Drury to leave the car. Wife stayed at terminal. I took the short 15 min walk back to the terminal, met up with wife and checked in. No taxi fee and I got my exercise so I could eat more on the boat.

When we returned I was going to do the same but it was raining so we did get at taxi. What they have said about the rates seems about right. Seems like it was $14 and he gave us good service so I think we gave him $20. He drove us right up to our parked car and helped with our bags. We went in Drury and got some orange juice for the road.

We have just booked a cruise for December and have reserved a room at Drury for the Saturday night before the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey firefly, did you cut across in the Riverwalk to walk to the port ? I ahve never walked to the port from Harrah's, but was thinking for my next cruise in February I would maybe consider doing that. Harrah's is right across the street from the Riverwalk.

Cool - I can get my Coke fix before I have to drink Pepsi products for a week.

My TA is supposedly booking the Cruise rate for me. Did you leave a car there? If so, was it a hassle to get the $35 special pricing for parking for the length of the cruise?

I called Yellow cab and they said the rate should be around $10 with possibly $1 extra per extra person. If the post above was correct that it is $7 per person, we might have DH drive us and the luggage over, then come back and park and take a taxi by himself.

Is it close enough and have sidewalks or something for DH to walk back to the port? Some ports that I have been in don't have any way for someone to safely walk to the port, but I have heard of people walking to the port here, even with luggage.

Boy, was I in for a surprise:( I called both the Drury Inn and the cost for the cruise package was $164.00 for room and $52.00 for the parking for the week. Then I called Holiday Inn and it was $179.00 for the NOLA park & cruise package. Where is everyone getting it for $99.00 :confused: I sure could use some help. I think I have waited to late for reservation, or at least this is what they are telling me.......:eek: PLEASE HELP! I would appreciate it very much.

Boy, was I in for a surprise:( I called both the Drury Inn and the cost for the cruise package was $164.00 for room and $52.00 for the parking for the week. Then I called Holiday Inn and it was $179.00 for the NOLA park & cruise package. Where is everyone getting it for $99.00 :confused: I sure could use some help. I think I have waited to late for reservation, or at least this is what they are telling me.......:eek: PLEASE HELP! I would appreciate it very much.

When is your cruise? I think the people getting the $99 rates either booked way ahead, or are during a low season. Several of the hotels were over $300/night when I was looking.

Last night when I was calling around, I got a quote of $115 plus $35 for parking for the entire stay. The guy on the phone had to go ask a supervisor about that rate. Holiday Inn came in at $149 for the cruise package with parking included. I don't know whether or not it came with breakfast. A prepaid room at the Holiday Inn would have only been $95 but didn't include the parking. I think it was around $99 at Drury, but didn't include parking. The guy on the phone told me that the $35 parking special only came with a room booked with the special cruise package code.

I wonder where the cruise package code is shown or given? If we had this we could book a cheaper rate as well. Anyone know where it is found?:confused:

Is the cruise code a secret? If not, would you please share it we us.

Thanks in advance.

For the Holiday Inn, I simply called and asked for the cruise pricing.

For the Drury, I got the same info when I called and asked for the cruise price as when I entered the numeric code I found on the following website http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/2/subsectionID/0 . That code is 307865. Most of the codes on this web site have expired. My rate was higher than the other advertised prices for just a room, but the $35 parking is a great deal.

I found this from an earlier poster and it worked for me. Hopefully it will help some of you. Not sure if its outdated or not, but worth a try.

:

Just a heads up on the Drury...I found this by accident but sure don't mind letting others on to it...if you are not using their parking, go to the Drury website and under reservations click new reservation and it will take you to the reservation page, but before you do anything look under Promotional Rate and click where it says..this takes you to the web rate with the promotional word of the day...and just type that in and scroll down and click on Drury New Orleans and it takes you back to the reservation page, but now it will be looking up under the web rate....it is a considerable amount of difference at times...my original price was $119 for each night we were going to be there and then I discovered the promotion word and my rate went down to $79 a night.....remember you can't use this if you are using their cruise parking package, but if you aren't like we aren't since we are flying in, then try it...:)

We are staying at the Drury Inn. My first rate was a lot. But then someone told me if you call you can get a cheaper rate and get the cruise parking for $35. The codes are ESaver and SUPER. Either will get you a discount. In order to get these discounted rates AND the $35 parking for the duration of your cruise, you have to book a gauranteed room, where you are charged $25 if you have to cancel. I called and got a much cheaper room. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
We are staying at the Drury Inn. My first rate was a lot. But then someone told me if you call you can get a cheaper rate and get the cruise parking for $35. The codes are ESaver and SUPER. Either will get you a discount. In order to get these discounted rates AND the $35 parking for the duration of your cruise, you have to book a gauranteed room, where you are charged $25 if you have to cancel. I called and got a much cheaper room. Good luck!

I changed to the online rate ...and the hotel told me I no longer had the cruise parking, it was one or the other, and they finally made up a little lower rate than I had been paying for the cruise rate.

I had to go back to the cruise rate, and give up the online rate.

I changed to the online rate ...and the hotel told me I no longer had the cruise parking, it was one or the other, and they finally made up a little lower rate than I had been paying for the cruise rate.

I had to go back to the cruise rate, and give up the online rate.

That is what they told me as well. It almost sounds like people get different answers at different times, just like if you call the cruise line. ;)

Someone looking at booking my cruise just called recently and they were told that the cruise parking was $50 not $35. I guess the rate went up. My TA called back to check and they said my reservation had the $35 noted, so that was what I would be charged. It worries me that they won't put it in writing.

My prices were a lot higher ... but I think that is because we're flying in the weekend before Mardi Gras ... everything is practically sold out for our sailing. Thankfully we found Drury!!

Thanks for the cab prices btw! DH and Grammy will be going on this cruise, while DH and myself can walk ... my Grammy can't that well.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey firefly, did you cut across in the Riverwalk to walk to the port ? I ahve never walked to the port from Harrah's, but was thinking for my next cruise in February I would maybe consider doing that. Harrah's is right across the street from the Riverwalk.

ABear...does that mean walking distance WITH luggage? We're probably staying at Harrah's, so this would be useful!

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I emailed the Drury today to check on the park and cruise option that we used last January and, sadly, they are not offering that right now. Apparently they are building a new garage and some rooms so there is no parking there.

Archived