Aruba,anyone do Jolly Pirates? (Miracle)

Charleyann

Just booked the Jolly Pirates excursion via phone . I had to book the shorter one, 3hrs without BBQ as our ship doesn't dock until noon.(Carnival Miracle) Wasn't badly priced at $33 per person with open bar (free drinks, unlimited) three snorkle excursions including one over the Atilles Shipwreak! They have the plank diving into the sea and the rope swing as well with acrobats !

It is normally $38 to book, but I have coupons and a link to coupons for $5 off each person . If anyone would like the link to the coupons, just pm me.....

Has anyone done this excurion? Reviews have been all positive....

Charleyann

I just booked this excursion too!!!! :D

But we can do the full tour! Miracle gets to Aruba at 8am Thanksgiving week! Downfall for us we do not get to Curacao until 1pm on our Itinerary!

Can not wait to do this!!!! Looks so fun! I really think my teens will like it too!

Just booked the Jolly Pirates excursion via phone . I had to book the shorter one, 3hrs without BBQ as our ship doesn't dock until noon.(Carnival Miracle) Wasn't badly priced at $33 per person with open bar (free drinks, unlimited) three snorkle excursions including one over the Atilles Shipwreak! They have the plank diving into the sea and the rope swing as well with acrobats !

It is normally $38 to book, but I have coupons and a link to coupons for $5 off each person . If anyone would like the link to the coupons, just pm me.....

Has anyone done this excurion? Reviews have been all positive....

Charleyann

Hi CharleyAnn,

I would like to have the link to Jolly Pirates coupons, but I have no idea how to pm you, :(

If you did not book though Carnival then they will cancel your reservation once they find out you are on Carnival, they did me!!!!!! SOOOOOOO BUMMED! When you book directly with Jolly Pirates you get 12% off if booked advance and 3 snorkel spots and lunch, but though Carnival only 2 snorkel spots, no lunch and $10 more pp! Now I am upset! SO don't even know if I want to do this!!!!! :mad: So you get your transportation in there, big deal!!!! was not much money as it sounded to get there! :(

If you did not book though Carnival then they will cancel your reservation once they find out you are on Carnival, they did me!!!!!! SOOOOOOO BUMMED! When you book directly with Jolly Pirates you get 12% off if booked advance and 3 snorkel spots and lunch, but though Carnival only 2 snorkel spots, no lunch and $10 more pp! Now I am upset! SO don't even know if I want to do this!!!!! :mad: So you get your transportation in there, big deal!!!! was not much money as it sounded to get there! :(

They held mine with a credit card by phoning. They can hold reservations via phone and you don't pay until you get there. They took my name and credit card information only to hold the reservation. I haven't been cancelled yet.. Of course, thye don't have my number !!!!!:D

So, they very well couldn't deny us going as they didn't inform us ?

Charleyann

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I'll book mine through Carnival.

• 2 weeks later...
Very sorry Charleyann- this will be cancelled.

Please be in touch with our res girls if you have any q-s.

jp - carla

so does this mean you cant book jolly pirates independant if you are on a cruise???

We went on the Jolly Pirate this past March and had fun watching to crew hitting on the young chicks,fact when we got on the Jolly Pirate we were the first ones on and watched every one get on and when everyone was loaded we saw three young girls come up from the gally,and what they did they stayed on the Jolly Pirate from the first cruise ,we had the second Jolly Pirate cruise and they were from the first and pretty lite and the crew were giving them drinks and taking advantage of them,people can say what they want ,we were right in front of the girls the hole time of the trip ,four of us and we were keeping a eye on them,and guess what,they never got off with us when the pirate ship got back and we didn't see them again. can anyone say ROUND THREE????Watch your young ones

We were planning on booking this excursion, but found out you can only book through Carnival - prefer not to book cruise ship excursions as they are so crowded, less personal, and cost more. Back to the boards to find something else to do now.

where do you board on Jolly Pirates? Is there a nice beach there that we could hang out at after the excursion? would like to go to a beach for a couple of hours after if one is near by that sells lunch too!

Thanks for help! ;)

where do you board on Jolly Pirates? Is there a nice beach there that we could hang out at after the excursion? would like to go to a beach for a couple of hours after if one is near by that sells lunch too!

Thanks for help! ;)

You board Jolly Pirates at MooMBa beach. There is a bar/restaurant there and the beach is lovely. There are also a few shops there.

Very sorry Charleyann- this will be cancelled.

Please be in touch with our res girls if you have any q-s.

jp - carla

Sorry...but you just lost a customer. I was paying for three snorkles locations and refuse to pay $20-$30 more and one less snorkle adventure..I too had this booked before you went int contract with Carnival....

Your loss and someone elses gain !

Bad Business not to honor what was already booked.

Charleyann ..... BUSTED !!!! LOL:eek:

I found another great excursion similiar .Great for ships that come in later and feature snacks, open bar, beer. They also pick you up. This gives you the Antilla Shipwreak plus two other snorkling spots. They also having pricing for Children. $55 for adult and $28, More buck for yourbang then booking with Carnival !

http://www.city-discovery.com/aruba/tour.php?id=1152

Charleyann

I found another great excursion similiar .Great for ships that come in later and feature snacks, open bar, beer. They also pick you up. This gives you the Antilla Shipwreak plus two other snorkling spots. They also having pricing for Children. $55 for adult and $28, More buck for yourbang then booking with Carnival !

http://www.city-discovery.com/aruba/tour.php?id=1152

Charleyann

Can anyone please break it down as to what kind of "open bar" this is? Is it rum punch only? Beer also? Mixed drinks also? Blender drinks? Sodas? Bottled water? Anyone? LOL:eek:

Hi CharleyAnn,

I would like to have the link to Jolly Pirates coupons, but I have no idea how to pm you, :(

Hi Charley Ann,

Would appreciate the link to Jolly Pirates coupons. What does pm stand for??

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We did the "private" Jolly Pirates 5 hour tour a few weeks ago while on the Serenade. It was our only "bad" tour. The boat was PACKED with WAY too many people, and the snorkel spots were a joke (except for the Antilla). They played REALLY LOUD music the entire time, making for one really bad headache by the 2nd snorkel spot. We had hoped booking privately and not with the cruise ship, that there would be less people... Not true. By the end, I was wishing I Had booked with the cruise ship just so it would have ended sooner. Everyone was drunk and rude by the end, and I did not feel safe. Had I been more aware of what this excursion was all about, I never would have booked. If you are into that kind of thing, I am sure you will have a blast, but it was not what DH and I were looking for in an excursion. This time, we will be doing more homework.

Can anyone please break it down as to what kind of "open bar" this is? Is it rum punch only? Beer also? Mixed drinks also? Blender drinks? Sodas? Bottled water? Anyone? LOL:eek:

Here is the link to the actual tour company and their snorkel tours on the Palm Pleasure. Send them an e-mail and ask. As they say the tour charlyann mentioned is called the Happy Hour Snorkel I would bet it is everything.

http://www.depalm.com/waves_of_fun/waves_of_fun.html

We were signed up to do the Jolly Pirate ship excursion on Sept 26th. I originally had booked thru the cruise ship, but changed it to a direct booking so that we could get the meal and the rum punch. I was told we'd have to find our own way to the excursion. No problem there as we took the city bus to the hotel row and they said to look for them to the right, facing the beach. The walk was actually about a half mile or more. I had two people with us that have difficulty walking. We finally arrived and could see the two ships near the beach. We went in and the guy told me that they had cancelled our reservation because of motor trouble. Tehy sent us an e-mail just a day or two ago, he said. I'm on a freaking cruise, and not getting my e-mail at work HELLO! No apologies, just a not my problem attitude.

The cruise ship one went out and the other ship stayed put. I wondered if they didn't have enough bookings and just decided to cancel. We attempted to book another snorkling trip with anyone, but since it was a Sunday, no one was available. We ended up making a beach day of it.

When I got back to work, the e-mail was read which stated that the cruise ship had taken up all the openings and that was why they cancelled. I think it is very unprofessional of them to take a booking, bill my credit card and then cancel. If they are not going to honor their independant bookings, they shouldn't take them.

Again, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! I would caution anyone booking independently.

Archived