Who Collects Cruise Models sold onboard ?

alex89Alv

I Collect Cruise Models, Wondering who else has the same hobby? Anyone been on Carnival Lately, Have they changed the Size/Look of there's? (I hope Not) I know Princess Makes 6/7 in Models instead of Full Size one's now....I wonder who has the Nicest/Biggest Collection?

Edited by alex89Alv

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of the ones offered on the cruise ship, I collect 1:1250 scale waterline models, which are somewhat more accurate, but with a commiserate price increase. There is / has been a great deal of models available for purchase, ranging from early classic atlantic liners to the latest cruise ships. I currently have the Oasis of the Seas on order, and my collection now numbers in the range of 300 models.

4008571680_9257956d97_b.jpg

4008571092_6009c4f811_b.jpg

Wow, what an impressive collection!

We get one for each of the cruises we've been on together. I do not have the Grand Princess because I was not on it with my husband, but the rest of the ones you see in my signature, I bought a ship model of.

Nice fleet, Modelman!

We have models of ships from every cruise we've taken. Some were easily obtained from the gift shops while others were found on the most popular Internet auction site. The hardest to find were Empress of the Seas, Nordic Prince and Norwegian Majesty. My favorite remains the ceramic Norway from our first cruise in '94.

I won an auction for our next cruise ship Enchantment of the Seas, fearing there would be no models in the gift shop. I plan to take it with me and attempt to get it autographed by the captain. :)

Edited by Philly Steve

like i need another collection of stuff:o, but i'm guilty of collecting the model ships. unfortunately, i decided to do this after two of the ships i cruised on are no longer around. in fact, if anyone knows where i can get a model of the carnival 'holiday' and ncl 'pride of hawaii', that would be a dream come true:D! i haven't given up hope (even thought of getting a model of one of their sister ships and faking it :p). anyone have any ideas??

I recently received teh Oasis of the Seas model, in the same scale as all my other models. Here she is, first with the old Song of Norway, RCCL's first ship, and the with the Norway, to give an idea of the size of the ship. Finally a picture of the whole collection, showing her nestled in her spot on the second shelf from the bottom.

4830753360_fa79d0c72f_b.jpg

4830752940_dfc72257e4_b.jpg

4830755514_dc05d402c5_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I also have every ship model we have been on including Premiers Big red boat UNTIL NOW ? PLEASE HELP. Just got off the celebrity Equinox and they were sold out before the stores even opened??? or out of stock???

I would love to buy one from some angel out there!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

We have been collecting the resin models, they are small wth a thread loop to hang (like a Chrismas ornament). In fact that is what I stared off doing is putting them on my tree, now I have them on a shelf all year. I need one from our first cruise on the Carnivial Celebration, which we got married on. I did not know they were available, guess I just didn't see them in the gift shop. I got a past guest pin from Ebay, but have not found a ship. If anyone has one I would trade past guest pins I have or buy it. It is very special to me because of getting married on that ship. We intended to go on it again but she was sold before we could.

• 6 months later...