Dubrovnik

Did you see this thread, about four posts down from yours?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=984351

Note that there is a "search" function you can use to pull up the many threads that discuss this. Or, you can get a guidebook, either purchase one or check one out of the library. There are many other online travel sites; try frommers.com, fodors.com, tripadvisor.com, etc. Lots of information out there. Dubrovnick is not just the wall.

What else is there to do in Dubrovnik besides walking the wall? We did that already on our last visit, two years ago.

You can find all sorts of good information on our Dubrovnik tourist bureau website. You can check your date and see if there is anything special happening during your visit. There is far more to my home than just the city walls. Did you visit Fort Lovrijenac, Rupe Museum, Rectors palace, Sponza Palace, Dominican Church, Franciscan church with second oldest pharmacy in Europe...the island of Lokrum, Maritime Museum.......

http://www.tzdubrovnik.hr/eng/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
What else is there to do in Dubrovnik besides walking the wall? We did that already on our last visit, two years ago.

You could take a taxi to that takes you out of the city and drive along the coast line which is quite beautiful.

Keith

• 8 months later...

I am not sure how to get in contact with Dubrovniktravelady I wanted information on doing a bike tour in your country.

I know you can't give out names of tour companies but what do you think about riding bikes in Dobrovnik?

Are there lots of hill & cars.?

Do they have bike trails that are nice?

Is that a nice way to see your country?

Thanks for your help,

Connie

I am not sure how to get in contact with Dubrovniktravelady I wanted information on doing a bike tour in your country.

I know you can't give out names of tour companies but what do you think about riding bikes in Dobrovnik?

Are there lots of hill & cars.?

Do they have bike trails that are nice?

Is that a nice way to see your country?

Thanks for your help,

Connie

Easy to find me, just type the word Dubrovnik and here I am. Riding bikes in the countryside is a very nice way to spend the day, weather depending. You must however find a good reputable company to take you in the country, outside of the Dubrovnik town area.

Yes we have many hills and far too many cars, especially during high season. You should not ride on the roads, it far to dangerous with too many stupid drivers! And no we do not have bike trails, except in the countryside closer to the Konavle area.

We also do have very nice kayaking in our Adriatic, which is also fun. The old town is filled with historical and cultural treasures and there is far more to Dubrovnik than walking the wall. I still am finding hidden gems, even after 3 years here.

You could rent a car and drive down the coast to Kotor. It is a beautiful drive and Kotor is well worth a visit.

I do not recommend the drive to Montenegro during high season. Traffic is often backed up and there is a chance that you will not make it back to the ship in time. The border crossing can be slow at times and sometimes they just stop letting any cars through. Other times it's a matter of a few minutes. There are no way to measure what border guards do from one day to another.

Archived