Which is more important?

Punjab

To us it is the embarkation port. We live about 4 hours from Mobile and New Orleans, so it is an easy drive for us. Plus, our daughter and the new grand baby are in New Orleans, an extra reason to visit The Big Easy. We have sailed out of Miami and Fort Lauderdale, but we just love getting on the ship, regardless of ports of call.

1. Itinerary

2. Price

3. Ship

EXACTLY!

The main reason we like cruising is that we get to visit so many different places in one vacation. We are constantly looking for new a different ports, but we have to be careful - there are only so many times I can come up with something new to do in Nassau.:D

I have been on 3 different classes of ship - Conquest, Spirit and Fantasy - and have enjoyed each, but have my favorites. The only reason the specific ship becomes a factor is say if we want to go Western - I would rather go on the Legend out of Tampa as it is Spirit class, rather than say Valor/Glory as they are Conquest.

The only reason I might shy away from a ship is I am a balcony snob - I need my private slice of heaven. Thus, some of the Fantasy class ships force me to go balcony:rolleyes: and thus price becomes a factor....

1. The Ship. As earlier poster put it- it is your destination as you're on it more than you're off it.

2. Price. We like the newer ships. The newer they are the more they cost to sail. So we try to find the balance.

3. Itinarary. We've sailed way too often and been diverted way too many times to book because of the ports we will visit- cause you know what you just might not make it. We've seen other people crushed by the changes. When I'm on vacation and enjoying a drink of the day- any port is a good port!

Since this is a carnival board...

Price...

Itinerary...

Ship...

Within the scope of the Carnival fleet, I do not find vacation changing entities ship to ship. Perhaps the one exception would be someone wanted to go to the spa everyday. If you expand the scope to other cruise lines, you got Oasis of the sea and the Epic which would have a large effect on my vacation due to additional activities and additional shows.

If I cruise carnival again, my next sailing will only be on a port intensive itinerary such as the victory. Otherwise, I'll weigh costs between other lines between an AI.

We just went through this dilemma last week. We had narrowed our September cruise down to two options -- Dream western Caribbean or Valor western Caribbean. We liked the itinerary slightly better on Valor, but thought it would be fun to be on the biggest and newest Carnival ship.

In the end itinerary won out.

It's usually a combination...

It is for me too. If I am taking a week long cruise, itinerary always comes first within reason. I really want to go to Galapagos Islands but at almost $4,000 per person, it will be awhile before that happens. But of Carnival's choices, it is usually itinerary since their prices aren't outrageous. After 8 years of cruising, I have never missed a port. I know it can happen, but it is unlikely.

If I take a 3-5 day cruise, I go by price. I have been to the ports close to Florida enough times that it doesn't matter where I go. I have to pay flights to Florida too, so I find the cheapest cruise for a quick getaway.

I have never sailed for the ship before, but that may change since I really want to try the Epic.

For me..

• I have to look at the time of year first
  • Then look at the itinerary and price together for the timeframe I want/need to go. Price includes the airfare and hotel costs.
  • The only time a ship and cruiseline comes into play is if there are two or more ships with the same or very similar itinerary.

My husband on the other hand has become so much of an addict that he couldn't care less about where we go. So much so that it was like pulling teeth to have him agree to take a year or two off from cruising. His thoughts are:

• Time of year
  • Price
  • Ship

PRICE! As it should be for all consumers with limited resources.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

VALUE is more important than price. Price plays a part in value, but it's not the only variable. If price was supreme, you'd never travel for vacation.

VALUE is more important than price. Price plays a part in value, but it's not the only variable. If price was supreme, you'd never travel for vacation.

I agree...best bang for my bucks! That matters most to me....when it's all said and done I ask myself one question---was it worth it?

I agree...best bang for my bucks! That matters most to me....when it's all said and done I ask myself one question---was it worth it?

That's exactly what the OP is trying to determine...To break down the weighted factors of what value means to you :)

Archived