past guest rate gone?

ldw81

Not all voyages have discounted rates such as past guest, military, residency, etc.

It's a question of demand. If the ship is slow to fill they will bring in discounts of one flavor or another...

:)

Past Guest Rates are a "promotion" Be glad you are not on RCCL where you get a few measly coupons to cruises no one else wants. I get a few more from them from before since I went up a level; but Carnival's past guest program is still much better (at leaset at my level)

Every cruise I have taken, ES has been better. Wondering where the insentive is for past guest?

Charleyann

Incentive for me would be that I have the ability to cancel up until final payment and get my deposit back.

I change my mind a lot.;)

Bill

Every cruise I have taken, ES has been better. Wondering where the insentive is for past guest?

Charleyann

In addition to what SS Oceanlover posted, many times with Past Guest rates there are cabin upgrades.

In addition to what SS Oceanlover posted, many times with Past Guest rates there are cabin upgrades.

Never thought of that. So if you are a past guest and you book ES, then you can't get cabin upgrades for great rates? I guess, I am asking, does Carnival still reconize you as a past guest for promotions even if you book ES?

Many Thanks

Charleyann

Never thought of that. So if you are a past guest and you book ES, then you can't get cabin upgrades for great rates? I guess, I am asking, does Carnival still reconize you as a past guest for promotions even if you book ES?

Many Thanks

Charleyann

If you book ES and have previously cruised with Carnival they will recognize you.

Yes you can still get past guest rates. I have done that on this cruise I have booked in fact.

I had booked an inside @$399pp. After the ES rates disappeared they had a past guest rate of $429pp for a 6a with free upgrades.

I chose to stay in a 6a as the 6b's were under the dining rooms etc.

Bill

Archived