Woo Hoo! I'm booked on FOS!

Yea!! After looking at FOS for weeks and deciding what staterooms to reserve (dependent on price and what was still available), I've finally booked a Western Caribbean itinerary, leaving 6/12/2011 for me, my DH, DS (age 14), and DD (age 10). Although, this is our first RC cruise (we've done NCL twice), I don't have any questions as of yet, but I've been reading the threads because there is an absolute wealth of information out there!!! I just had to post because I am so excited!!!! :D

Christy

Great. Now you have a year to look forward to it. One or two cabins? If two cabins, did you get connecting cabins (with an inside door between them so you don't have to go in the hall to get to the other cabin)? Or maybe you booked a suite. Let us know. Thanks. You'll love it.

Hi and welcome! Mr. Spanner, Miss Spanner and I did FOS Western Caribbean last October when Miss Spanner was 10 - she *loved* it! Actually, we all loved it, but there was so much for her to enjoy. You're going to have a great time!

Any questions, just ask :)

Woo Hoo!!! We booked FOS for July of 2011. We are just as excited, and this is our 9th cruise on RCCL. We have 2 balcony cabins and 2 Promenade cabins. Everyone will get the view they want!!! We always book this far ahead but we were surprised at the limited choices of cabins already on this cruise. We love leaving from Port Canaveral and I'll be spending lots of time here looking for information since this is our first trip on FOS and first time to have a Promenade cabin. Hope we made the right choice for location. Fingers crossed because we didn't have the greatest choices. Last year, the price went down twice but that's the first time we've had that happen. We have to book in late June, early JUly because of teachers and students in our group. It's been a rough year for us and this has cheered everyone up and given them something good to think about! YEA!!! We have our OBCs and we are already excited about spending them..bartenders, get ready!!!

Great. Now you have a year to look forward to it. One or two cabins? If two cabins, did you get connecting cabins (with an inside door between them so you don't have to go in the hall to get to the other cabin)? Or maybe you booked a suite. Let us know. Thanks. You'll love it.

I booked two connecting promenade staterooms. On NCL, we always had a balcony, but our budget couldn't handle it for this cruise, and it was pretty difficult finding an oceanview room that fit 4 people, unless I wanted down on the 2nd or 3rd deck. This ship seems to be filling up pretty fast for next June! The connecting promenade staterooms seemed a better solution than just inside cabins, definitely a unique alternative, and I think it will be fun to do some promenade people-watching :)

Woo Hoo!!! We booked FOS for July of 2011. We are just as excited, and this is our 9th cruise on RCCL. We have 2 balcony cabins and 2 Promenade cabins. Everyone will get the view they want!!! We always book this far ahead but we were surprised at the limited choices of cabins already on this cruise. We love leaving from Port Canaveral and I'll be spending lots of time here looking for information since this is our first trip on FOS and first time to have a Promenade cabin. Hope we made the right choice for location. Fingers crossed because we didn't have the greatest choices. Last year, the price went down twice but that's the first time we've had that happen. We have to book in late June, early JUly because of teachers and students in our group. It's been a rough year for us and this has cheered everyone up and given them something good to think about! YEA!!! We have our OBCs and we are already excited about spending them..bartenders, get ready!!!

Boy, I hear you!!! I always plan our vacations about a year in advance and I couldn't believe how fast the June, 2011 itineraries were filling up! We also booked 2 promenade staterooms for the four of us. The majority of reviews on promenade staterooms have been positive, so I think it's a good choice. Regardless, FOS is an amazing ship and this cruise is going to be great!

Welcome! We booked the FoS last-minute for a W Caribbean sailing last month and loved every minute of it. It was my 8th cruise and my husband's 3rd, but we liked it so much that we've rebooked on the FoS W Caribbean for next April with my parents in tow. We told our friends and family that it was by far our best vacation yet...and we travel frequently!

Oh wow- I think I'm obsessed. I dreamt last night that I was skating on Studio B... :eek:

I started a thread a few weeks ago with the pics and videos from our sailing. It's called something like: "Freedom of the Seas W Caribbean June 13: Pics and Videos." (I can't remember the exact name.) Feel free to enjoy them!

Please post any questions that come up prior to sailing. We love to talk cruising. Have a GREAT time!! :)

Me & my Hubby will be on her this August...we will be celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary...so looking forward to it...can't wait....

You and your family have a great cruise!!!!

Wow, 37 years! Congratulations, that's awesome!! We will be celebrating our 24th next year on the cruise.

We were just on the FOS Western Caribbean itinerary in May/June. This was also our first RC cruise. It was the most awesome trip! Our teenagers loved it - we loved it! And by "it" I mean the ship. The ship made the experience for us. The ports were just so-so but the FOS is incredible!

I have done the Freedom twice and loved it both times. I have already scheduled a corner aft balcony on her for Sept. 2011. I did want to mention that one of the Freedom cruises was planned last minute and we booked an inside and got upgraded to an oceanview on deck 3 and it was wonderful. DH and I actually make comments all the time about how nice it was on deck 3. It was so quiet and peaceful and if we ever book another oceanview it would be on deck 3.

I booked two connecting promenade staterooms. On NCL, we always had a balcony, but our budget couldn't handle it for this cruise, and it was pretty difficult finding an oceanview room that fit 4 people, unless I wanted down on the 2nd or 3rd deck. This ship seems to be filling up pretty fast for next June! The connecting promenade staterooms seemed a better solution than just inside cabins, definitely a unique alternative, and I think it will be fun to do some promenade people-watching :)

Perfect. You'll be glad you have two bathrooms available. When you first arrive, the connecting door might not be open. Just find your cabin steward and he/she will open it -- maybe not immediately, but by the time you get back from dinner. Same with the beds -- they might be pushed together or separated. Again, just tell your steward how you want them.

we're booked with a group for the 4/3/11 sailing on FOS. I was surprised to see our "group" rate the same as an individual rate but w/ a $25 obc. I thought it would be better than that. We're in PR 6309 and I'm excited. I like to plan ahead. I too was surprised how full the ship seems to be. There was only 1 PR on Deck 7 avail and about 12 on deck 6. it will be DH first cruise and he's worried about seasickness. 6309 was about as close tot he middle of the ship as we could get. THanks everyone for all the great info you keep passing on!

I see we'll be the 2nd sailing after the drydock upgrades. I think I can handle having characters onboard. However, I've been reading posts about the on deck movie screens being used for sports/cnn/etc during the daytime on other cruiselines. I really hope RC does not do this. What a way to ruin my vacation!

Enjoy your sailings!!!!

Archived