Car Rental Maui & Oahu?

sashas_mom

Don't know how I'd plan a trip without cruisecritic!!

We want to rent a car at each port mentioned above. I got on the following site (recommended by fellow CC's on these boards) but I'm confused. On the home page it says cruises so I assumed there would be shuttles coming and going from the port.

http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/cruiseshipreservation.htm

For Maui it says pick up only....how do you get back to the ship?

Also, it only gives the Maui airport as a pickup and drop off location. Does a suttle pick you up at the pier and bring you to the airport? If so, how far is that?

We also want to rent a car in Oahu.

The price is definitely lower going from the above link, but either their site is just confusing....or I'm have a senior moment (or two).

Any help or suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sasha'smom

My suggestion is that you call and talk to them. I used this company a couple years ago, and will use them again in October. They are very good, and have great prices. I do find their website very confusing, but you can call and walk through your scenario and they'll come up with a plan that works for you.

We rented from Thrifty when we were in O'ahu last year. Thrify had port pickup & drop off service.

When we were in Maui, we rented from an airport location (Enterprise if I remember correctly) and they also had port pickup & drop off service. Their other location closer to the port was closed while we were on port. Renting from an airport location will cost a few extra dollars due to the airport tax/surcharge.

Both rentals were booked through an online car broker.

Archived