Can U get a deal on back to back cruises?

I wish! But not such luck. Each cruise is booked independently and treated as a unique cruise. There are some things for consecutive cruisers, but it depends on each ship/itinerary. I guess the best perk for us is that we fly once and cruise twice.

No deals but we only organize everything at home once, pay the airfare once, pack to go once, unpack in the cabin once, and get to do a happy dance on our turnaround day when everyone else is going home. A deal would be very nice but I'm not greedy. :D

I also found out that you can get a deal on third party insurance. You can cover the whole trip under one policy. (as long as you don't go home in between cruises) You can buy a 14 day policy instead of (2) 7 day policies. :)

either u guys r wrong or I was lucky !!!

i went on the navigator to the seas to the east side and I was in the elevator ready to leave when i hear a couple talking about what great deal was to continue in the ship, they were really happy since royal caribbean were giving the a discount. I asked what she did to get it , and she told me that they were giving discount if u were able to continue for the next week to the west itinerary.

well I saved 200$ and enjoyed another week of fun .

i went on the navigator to the seas to the east side and I was in the elevator ready to leave when i hear a couple talking about what great deal was to continue in the ship, they were really happy since royal caribbean were giving the a discount. I asked what she did to get it , and she told me that they were giving discount if u were able to continue for the next week to the west itinerary.

No, we are not wrong, you were lucky.:p We've done many consecutive cruises (aka b2b) and if the ship is not sold out, they will offer a reduced rate for the following week. This can happen on any cruise.

As Cruisenfever said, they were looking to fill up your ship so you got VERY lucky. As a rule, they don't offer this if you book the B2B before you sail, unfortunately.

We have been given discounts if the ship was not full, to stay aboard for another cruise. The last one that we received was on the Melody in 1999.

We were upgraded on RCCL for the second leg of a consecutive cruise, when we booked aboard for that leg, when the ship was not full, but the last time that we experienced that was about 2005.

With new laws that have gone into effect after 9/11, I don't believe that anyone can make a last minute decision to stay aboard, even if the ship were only half full. Maybe someone with more legal knowledge can explain the 72 hour rule that Homeland Security, or another agency has put into effect.

Rick

I found this link Latest you can book a cruise?

The 72 hour rule is when your SetSail Pass must be filled in on line.

You must be checked in 90 minutes prior to sailing for security purposes. From the RCI website....

Due to new government regulations requiring cruise lines to submit final departure manifests at least 60 minutes prior to sailing, guests are requested to complete Online Check-in no later than 3 days prior to their cruise. If you do not complete Online Check-in 3 days prior, you will be required to complete this process at the pier at least two hours prior to the published sailing time. Please note: All guests must be checked-in and onboard the ship no later than 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time or you will not be permitted to sail.

So I do believe that you can stay on board for the following cruise if there is space available and the price is right.

s.gif

I think the 3-day manifest rumor is straight from the above posting saying you have to check in online 72 hours prior to sailing. But if you choose NOT to check in online, then you have to do it at the pier. It doesn't mean you HAVE to be booked and checked in 72 hours prior. I've read stories of people on CC who've booked 1-2 days prior to sailing, actually. (Must be nice, lol.)

It would be nice to get that last minute discount if you are not flying to the port. With us, we have to fly to every port but San Pedro.

The $200 off would not come close to what our airline would charge us to change our return tickets. :eek:

Years ago B2B'er's were given up to 50% off, or more, for the second week on some lines. :)

Sounds like a great deal. When was your cruise on the Navigator? How many were in your party? Were you able to stay in the same cabin? If not, what kind of cabin were you in the first week and what category the second week? Did they put the payment on your SeaPass card or directly on your credit card?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Sounds like a great deal. When was your cruise on the Navigator? How many were in your party? Were you able to stay in the same cabin? If not, what kind of cabin were you in the first week and what category the second week? Did they put the payment on your SeaPass card or directly on your credit card?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I think it was Feb 28 or something like that, party of 2, we had the option to move or stay in the same cabin, first n second week = inside 6th floor . i was using royal caribbean credit card .

Archived