Taking snacks in carry-on???

Lower-salt and fat varieties of things such as Triscuit, etc.

Tehy also come in very handy if you are stuck for hours at an airport.

Isn't Triscuit bird food for budgies? Or is that Trill? I can never remember which is which! :o:)

I, too, bring individual packs of crackers for air travel and excursions. I love to snack on nuts. So, after breakfast in the WJ, I get a cereal bowl and put whatever nuts are by the oatmeal pot in it, and take it to my cabin for later snacking. And you can usually get a bar mix if you ask.

I, too, bring individual packs of crackers for air travel and excursions. I love to snack on nuts. So, after breakfast in the WJ, I get a cereal bowl and put whatever nuts are by the oatmeal pot in it, and take it to my cabin for later snacking. And you can usually get a bar mix if you ask.

Thanks for the tip about nuts near the oatmeal. I never noticed that.

I had asked for bar mix, and the bartender even went on a search to try and find me some, but the cupboards were bare. :( On my second last day I discovered that there were tortilla chips in the WJ at 3-5. We skipped lunch so I could indulge on nachos.

I usually bring when I travel for the plane a bag of M&Ms(my addiction) gummi bears(to help with my ear pressure when flying since I hate chewing gum) cheese/peanut butter crackers, granola bars , tea/hot cocoa bags and now crystal light packets. I am always afraid the airline will be "sold out' of my choice of snack/entree.

I believe in your original post you mentioned fruit. You can always get whole fruit in the Windjammer, and in the Promonade Cafe on Voyager Class. I believe it was available in the Solarium area on the Rhapsody. :)

Cruzin Lady

They just do such a great job of having cookies and snacks available on the ships, but during a 11 night Hawaiian cruise, we DESPERATELY wanted popcorn. After a ridiculous discussion, we wondered why we've never seen a popcorn stand in the Promenade. There's ice cream, sandwiches, fries, pizza, desserts....why no popcorn??? Now we think about it on every cruise...WHY NO POPCORN???? Do they serve it on any cruise ship????

They just do such a great job of having cookies and snacks available on the ships, but during a 11 night Hawaiian cruise, we DESPERATELY wanted popcorn. After a ridiculous discussion, we wondered why we've never seen a popcorn stand in the Promenade. There's ice cream, sandwiches, fries, pizza, desserts....why no popcorn??? Now we think about it on every cruise...WHY NO POPCORN???? Do they serve it on any cruise ship????

On Princess while watching MUTS, definitely!

It's messy. :)

;) Thanks for the tips on finding the snacks ! Seems to me tho .. a small "convenient" store (by itself) with all the goodies & necessities on the Promenade would be a huge draw for chip .. popcorn .. chocolate .. etc. addicts. As a poster mentioned .. the prices would probably be outrageous but IMO I think it would be immensely popular ! ? !

This "mini" market could stock hundreds of "vacation size" items (snacks .. shampoo .. etc.) that people just "gotta" have and this would generate more revenue for the cruise line. The tough part for the cruise lines would be the pricing and "gouging" prices would kill it quick.

My thought is the cruise line would rather "sell" you some snack items than "give" you free cookies .. pizza .. whatever ..

Just my thoughts .. Thanks for listening ! ! Let's get cruising !:cool:

My DH is a diabetic and we always need snacks for when his sugar may drop in the middle of the nite. I "steal" fruit from the buffet for the room once we get on board. Granola bars etc are easy to tote along on tours etc. In US ports sugar free can be gotten but in Europe it is a little harder. We pack sugar free cookies and sour candies too

;) Thanks for the tips on finding the snacks ! Seems to me tho .. a small "convenient" store (by itself) with all the goodies & necessities on the Promenade would be a huge draw for chip .. popcorn .. chocolate .. etc. addicts. As a poster mentioned .. the prices would probably be outrageous but IMO I think it would be immensely popular ! ? !

This "mini" market could stock hundreds of "vacation size" items (snacks .. shampoo .. etc.) that people just "gotta" have and this would generate more revenue for the cruise line. The tough part for the cruise lines would be the pricing and "gouging" prices would kill it quick.

My thought is the cruise line would rather "sell" you some snack items than "give" you free cookies .. pizza .. whatever ..

Just my thoughts .. Thanks for listening ! ! Let's get cruising !:cool:

As mentioned in a previous reply, there is a place like this on the promenade of the Voyager and Freedom class ships and I believe others as well. The issue is everything is VERY pricey. I don't remember now what it was we forgot, went to the general store and there it was. We decided to wait until the 1st port as the price was absolutely ridiculous.

To the OP I believe you got your answer but yes it is ok to bring any pre-packaged snacks on board.

:)akcruz ... I read the post about some snacks being available ... tho on Adventure it seemed to me that there was some candy in the liquor store (not always open) and some items in the ships souvenir store .. not really what I'm used to in choices ...

As another mentioned .. I'll bring my own next time .. great idea ! !:rolleyes:

I recommened you take a snack. It seems most cruise terminals have no place nearby to get something to eat. If your boarding is delayed, you'll want something to munch on, especially if you have kids with you. Cereal bars are good for this, and keep for quite a while.

My DH is a diabetic and we always need snacks for when his sugar may drop in the middle of the nite. I "steal" fruit from the buffet for the room once we get on board. Granola bars etc are easy to tote along on tours etc. In US ports sugar free can be gotten but in Europe it is a little harder. We pack sugar free cookies and sour candies too

I am hypoglycemic and have actually passed out three times from not eating enough. On our first (and only so far) RCI cruise I didn't take snacks because I didn't know you could,this was never an issue except first thing in the morning. My DW could never get ready to eat breakfast so I would order room service and then eat breakfast with her once she did get ready.

I may take a box of Slim Fast bars and trail mix this time for excursions.

To the OP, thanks for asking this question, good info!

Archived