Aft SB cabin on Westerdam

TerriRN

We're considering jumping on the Westerdam westbound TA in October and are thinking about booking a corner aft SB cabin. Can anyone tell me about noise, vibration and stack soot in these cabins? The only remaining cabin of this category is on deck 8, beneath the aft pool. Though the lack of privacy from above doesn't bother me, I am a little concerned about the noise from above around the pool deck. Thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Terri

We have been in an aft SB suite on deck 8 on either the Westerdam or Oosterdam but I'm not sure which. Yes, there is noise from above early in the morning when they start moving deck chairs. It was ok for us as I'm an early riser and my husband a heavy sleepers. We also experienced some rough seas and you did feel that more when your cabin is at the back of the ship. The verandah is large and does wrap around and that is a benefit that outweighs all else for some.

We're considering jumping on the Westerdam westbound TA in October and are thinking about booking a corner aft SB cabin. Can anyone tell me about noise, vibration and stack soot in these cabins? The only remaining cabin of this category is on deck 8, beneath the aft pool. Though the lack of privacy from above doesn't bother me, I am a little concerned about the noise from above around the pool deck. Thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Terri

We sailed in 8140 on the Westerdam and loved the cabin - noise was not an issue for us. We were on a 7 day Alaska cruise and did experience some very rough seas but it didn't diminish our experience. The verandah was exceptional. Frankly, the two subsequent SA cabins have been disappointments. Our next HAL cruise will be in an aft corner suite. Photos of our Westerdam suite are linked in my signature. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived