Dining Room Private Seating

There are no tables for 3 ( 2 or 4 or larger) so you would get a table for 4. You can certainly request it. If you are D+ it will likely be granted. When you get on board – take a look at the table assignment (you can do this prior to dinner). If you are seated at a larger table – you can ask if there is a smaller table for your family.

Enjoy

M

You can also opt for My Time dining....most folks using that option get tables alone.

If you should be placed with another family, don't stress! Babies are welcomed in the dining room, and the waiters will fuss over him/her...none of the tables are very far apart, so it's not going to be "private" anyway!

Does anyone know if i can request a private 3 person table in the dinning room - with an infant i really would not like to disturb other people?

TIA

How old will your baby be on the cruise?

You may also be happier in the Windjammer, where you can come and go as you please, take as much or as little time as you need, and not wait for food at all - just go and get it. You can tailor your eating times around your little one's nap and fussy times.

Edit: I see from one of your prior posts that your baby "will be 1 and crawling all over the place".

I definitely think that you will find the Windjammer more adaptable to your baby's needs.

We did MTD on Freedom (and will be doing so again on Indy) and the three of us had a table for 4, just as we requested, every night - no problem. I'd definitely recommend MTD with a little one because no-one else is waiting for you at your table and neither will you be waiting for others to finish eating.

yes he will be 1 year old - ok i'll ask once we are on board for an exclusive table for 4 or ask to be seated with other family that have infants - just don't want to spoil someones dinning or vacation if he acts up.

I would seriously consider My Time Dining. The whole meal will be much quicker and you will be guaranteed a table for 4. I don't agree with those who say you should eat in the Windjammer - why should you be denied the experience of the Dining Room just because you have a little one. However, you obviously have some concerns about whether you little one will spoil it for others and I think that the Traditional Dining experience may just prove to be too long for a 1-year old.

windjamming, you can not request a 'private table for 3'.

OP: historically Royal caribbean makes every effort to seat folks with others near the same age bracket with same aged children. This is part of how families meet other families on board in Royals mind and it has worked for decades. You can call and just have them note your account that you actually requested to be seated with another family with a child close to your childs age. In any event have small table toys that your child enjoys to keep them occupied so you can enjoy your time as well.

sajaann411, I was able to email the dining coordinator for my FOS sailing back in December 09 and was given a table for 4 along with a high chair, right by the windows (my DD was 8 months at the time). You can message me at lilfilipina at gmail dot com and I can forward you the address.

I have done this on all 18 cruises I've been on, so yes you can. :)

Yep, I agree you can request to sit on your own as a family; we are a family of three and we never had to sit with anyone else on FOS (doing MTD). :)

Does anyone know if i can request a private 3 person table in the dinning room - with an infant i really would not like to disturb other people?

TIA

I don't know that I'd take an infant to the Caribbean. There are a lot of mosquito-borne viral diseases down there like Dengue fever which could potentially be fatal to an infant. I'd be talking to the pediatrician before I went and laying in some "standby" medications to take with me.

You should be able to request a table for 3 given your situation. The cruise ships are always good about accomodating people with a special need like that.

You can sit at my table!!! My 2 kids (13 & 22) love babies and would love to help you if the baby gets fussy! Seriously, don't worry about what others think, it is your vacation too. Enjoy the MDR and you never know....you could get seated at a table like my family who would love to have chance to play with a little one. If you dont like the family who you sit with you can always request a change.

Archived