Thomson Dream cruise cancelled!!

But there you go again - you had a bad cruise on the Dream and automatically assume those who say they have had a good one are wearing "rose-tinted" glasses. Why not just accept that opinions differ? If, after I return from my cruise in August, I find that the ship still stinks of sewage I will be the first to come on this forum and air my views. But I certainly won't disagree with anybody who was on the same cruise and may have a different view to me.

Hi vwgolf,

No.

I think you may have misread my posts? I did not say that those who have a different opinion to mine are wearing rose-tinted. I simply suggest that some people who have not yet set foot on the Dream are hoping for one thing but might get something else. I really do respect others' reviews and opinions - as I have also stated in my other posts quite clearly! I wish you a sewerage free cruise too, but if someone on the same cruise happens to think differently and has a particularly smelly time, I think you will have to disagree with them won't you?

I thinks it's quite clear for all to see that there WERE problems from earlier reviews, now there obviously ARE NOT the same problems! No one returning from the last 3 cruises (read the reviews) have had any problems with 'the smell' or 'toilet facilities'. So, yes, at the time you returned your review was relevant - now 5 weeks on, it is obvioulsy not! So I think the point the OP is trying to make is, lets stick to the here and now & NOT something that was happening over a month ago. I for one can cope happily with a few stains on the carpet (although a review from this Tuesday stated new carpets were loaded onboard during their cruise, so hopefully not for much longer, & I can only assume they wouldn't be daft enough to replace expensive carpet if there were still leaks) but couldn't so easily cope with 'the smell & 'the toilet' issues. As these have now quite clearly been resolved, I believe we should all be able to look forward to our holiday with confidence!

come on all you lovely people. there are many differing opinions about this, call me a coward but i was one of those jumping ship and was grateful for the warnings and am now going on spirit that i have been on before and had a fab time. but having done it because other people had trusted my judgement and i didnt want to let them down i am still sad to be missing out on the dream but couldnt take the worry, but that was my decision made for obvious reasons. everyones opinions matter because your holiday is usually your escape from work, home, family worries etc. and we look forward to it so much. I will probaby go on the dream next year after refurb and problem solving but hey I also loved the Island Escape and may go back on her although some people had a horrendous time on there in the past. Everyone going on the Dream I wish you a fantastic time and I really hope that I am kicking myself for jumping ship, all us jumpers going on the spirit,celebration and destiny instead I am certain we will have a ball. Now kiss and make up XXXX:p

if new carpets are on the ship and the toilets are fixed and free of the smell,air con working, i for one would go back that was my main problem on the ship so anyone thinking of jumping ship i would think again.

and i have aired my views on this since i got back on the 1st june:).

come on all you lovely people. there are many differing opinions about this, call me a coward but i was one of those jumping ship and was grateful for the warnings and am now going on spirit that i have been on before and had a fab time. but having done it because other people had trusted my judgement and i didnt want to let them down i am still sad to be missing out on the dream but couldnt take the worry, but that was my decision made for obvious reasons. everyones opinions matter because your holiday is usually your escape from work, home, family worries etc. and we look forward to it so much. I will probaby go on the dream next year after refurb and problem solving but hey I also loved the Island Escape and may go back on her although some people had a horrendous time on there in the past. Everyone going on the Dream I wish you a fantastic time and I really hope that I am kicking myself for jumping ship, all us jumpers going on the spirit,celebration and destiny instead I am certain we will have a ball. Now kiss and make up XXXX:p

Infoqueen I think you are lovely and I hope you don't kick yourself too hard. I just think people are understandably a teensy bit nervous about their cruises because as you say, holidays are a really big deal and very expensive. I just happen to be the messenger they want to shoot today, but I forgive them. BIG KISS XXX :D

Archived