DIVA Nails ???

They lasted quite well, no problems. I had them taken off at the salon as advised. However, my own nails did end up breaking off so I guess there are trade-offs. They look great BTW, and the polish stays forever. I paid only about $20 more than a regular mani. I'm not sure I would have them done again tho since my own nails are really quite strong, but tend to get broken easily if they grow too long (I am basically not very careful when I reach for things). And when they do break, it's always while still very much attached to my skin:eek:, yes major ouch. I now rush off to the closest salon and get a silk wrap to keep on until the nail grows out far enough to either cut off or file down. No nail damage that way.

I guess if it's important that your nails look nice for 3 weeks, then I would have them done again. The damage does not last as long as when acrylics are removed. and perhaps you won't have any nail damage.:)

I LOVE THEM!! opi makes a set (opi gel or some such). You put your nails under the blue light each coat. I got them prior to my cruise departure on June 12 (cancelled) and they lasted THREE WEEKS and a couple days. The beds were showing a bit by the third week. I did a hot pinkish fushia and not ONE single chip. I'm a person that usually smudges it before I get home and AT most makes it through the weekend without needing a touch up. Mine was $30.. didn't hurt my under nails at all. I'm doing it again before my new sail date of July 24. SOme salons call it a everlasting manicure... my hairstylist did her feet and loved it but my pedi's last a long while so I didn't...

mariah

The gel polish that you put under the blue light is not the same as "Diva Nails" brand name. The Diva I had were actually artificial nails that come in a package (that recommends they be put on at a salon to be sure you use the proper adhesive product). The max recommended time to leave them on is 3 weeks, and then they are removed with acetone based remover by covering each finger with a soaked cotton ball then wrapped in foil for 15 minutes to dissolve them. The polish doesn't dissolve with this method. In fact, I can't figure out how to get the gel polish off that I had put on a nail 4 weeks ago! Acetone doesn't work, filing doesn't work and there are no shops close to me that actually do the gel polish technique yet.

I did like the shiny effect I got from the gel polish, but not the fact that I can't get it off. I broke a nail getting off an airplane in Hawaii and went to a salon across the street from our condo, thinking I would just get a silk wrap to protect the tear (which was at least 1/4th the way down my nail), but the nail tech used the gel polish instead and it didn't work worth a darn as a nail patch and the nail ripped off 3 days later - with a pound of flesh:eek:

Maybe Mariah can tell me how she gets hers removed and the color changed. I would be tempted to try it on all my nails, but my nail tech here hasn't learned how to do it yet and is anxious to see my one nail - tomorrow is mani/pedi day:). I do know that the gel polish is more expensive, so I will have to do more research on it to determine if I think it is worth it.

And I think I said some of this earlier, but since I can't remember what I said this morning, who knows:p

Archived