Does Princess offer a bus into London at the end of a cruise

stipmom

At this time last year, they had a couple of post-cruise excursions. We took the Windsor Castle tour; and, if I remember correctly they would only drop you off at the airport. We were dropped off at Heathrow, and took a bus to our hotel. The difference in cost for the bus as opposed to a taxi is about $40 for a very short ride. Caution: the buses only went to terminals 1,2,&3 at Heathrow. If we had been dropped off at terminal 4 or 5 we would have been forced to take a taxi or take a tram with all of our luggage in tow back to 1,2,or 3 in order to catch the bus.

When we were on the Grand last year, there were transfers listed on Cruise Personalizer to both Heathrow and central London. The code was very odd, but when I called the Princess CSR, they confirmed what it was. You can also take a taxi to the train, or can arrange your own transportation for much cheaper than Princess offers. Two websites that you might want to check would be trainline.com or londontoolkit.com for info about transportation.

I believe Princess offers transfers from the ship post-cruise in Southampton to either Heathrow or Gatwick. I don't believe they offer transfers from the ship to central London without booking a post-cruise Princess hotel package. But I'd check my TA about that.

We always use Woodford Limo (http://woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/) to get from the airport to London, London to the ship and/or the ship to the airport. We've found them to be very accommodating and reasonable. For instance, the cost for four of us to be picked up in London and dropped off at the ship in Southampton in September, is £160 GBP ($241 at today's exchange rate/4 people = $60.25/per person). I've used them many times and am using them again in September. On previous cruises, we've had people on our roll join us to share the cost. They'll pick up or drop off at multiple hotels at no additional charge. As I said, very accommodating.

I am cruising with Princess Singapore to Dover next year which includes forced overnight in Singapore with from Airport to Hotel then Hotel to ship plus Dover to heathrow Airport(London) and the package just costs $282 USD

I think that is reasonable.

At Heathrow airport you can get an Underground train which takes you to Paddington Station in the Centre of London in 30 minutes. ....Kruisey:)

We always use Woodford Limo (http://woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/) to get from the airport to London, London to the ship and/or the ship to the airport. We've found them to be very accommodating and reasonable. For instance, the cost for four of us to be picked up in London and dropped off at the ship in Southampton in September, is £160 GBP ($241 at today's exchange rate/4 people = $60.25/per person). I've used them many times and am using them again in September. On previous cruises, we've had people on our roll join us to share the cost. They'll pick up or drop off at multiple hotels at no additional charge. As I said, very accommodating.
We have done that, too, with Woodford. They will pick you up and have nice vans with trailers for the luggage. You can visit nearby sites on the way to London if you have time before your flight. In fact, that's a great option because you can book flights later in the afternoon and that gives you some cushion just in case there are delays with the ship's arrival, which can happen. When you split the cost between 6 people it is VERY reasonable and much more pleasant.

It is an easy train ride into central London. Taxi ride to the station less than 5 minutes or a 15-20 minute walk. I don't remember the cost of the train ride but you end up at the station near the London Eye. I think it was Waterloo station . Our hotel, the Marriott County Hall, was a 2 minute walk from the train station. We got off the ship at 8, we were in central London a little after 9 am . Then we dropped our luggage at the hotel and started sightseeing. Very easy.

Not sure what port you will be disembarking at but, if it is Southampton, the train station - Southampton Central - is a short taxi ride. From there, you can take the train into Waterloo Station. While Southampton Central is a relatively small station, you do have to be able to handle your luggage on and off elevators (lifts). While a larger station, it is actually easier at Waterloo where the tracks are right at the main hall.

For really cheap train tickets, go to megatrain.com. Reservations open up approx. 45 days in advance of a travel date. We have used them twice to go to Southampton. :)

You can take the National Express Coach (bus) http://www.nationalexpress.com to/from Victoria (London) station to Southampton. It is a taxi ride of 5-7GBP to/from Princess Southampton dock to the coach station. You might be able to get the Funfare price (under Offers on their site) of a few GBP each. Keep checking your dates for the Funfare price, they have released them a couple of months before our trip and it was 4 GBP/pp plus 1 GBP for using a credit card. It is a couple of hours from London to Southampton. The bus is comfortable with a bathroom on board. The bus is like a big tour bus.

Check out the British Port of Call. You can get allot of great information.

Our situation was reversed but I would plan on taking the train from London to Southamption. Lots of cabs will then get you to the port for about 6pounds. If you have not yet booked a hotel...we stayed at Novotel Paddington London in April and LOVED IT! We booked through Air Canada vacations which included a "great" breakfast package. But also check the rates direct with hotel. This hotel is new and very close to train station.

We docked at Southampton and took a one transfer train (the transfer is a small little station so not complicated) to Paddington and walked (with luggage) to Hotel but you can catch a cab which will not be much because the hotel is so close. Very easy to catch subways from Paddington to go anywhere you want. Area also has within walking a couple of great restaurants "FrontPage and also a Gordon Ramsay"

Best part for us was the direct to/from Heathrow fast train to/from Paddington.

We did the transtlantic this spring on the Grand and we did three nights in London on our own. We took a princess bus transfer from the pier to Victoria Station in London, after that we took a cab to our hotel. I think the cost was $49 per person but don't hold me to that.

Archived