passports needed?

jerseygirl09

My husband and I will be cruising in January on an Eastern Carribean on the Glory. Our stops are Bahamas, Grand Turk, San Juan, and St. Thomas... i was just wondering if we will need passports? My husband is a soldier and is currently deployed in Afghanistan. He will be home in a few days for his two week vacation, and we are planning to get the passports done then if we need them, since they take a while to get. Has anyone done this cruise? This will be my second time on the Glory, and passports werent required 5 years ago. Thanks in advance!

My husband and I will be cruising in January on an Eastern Carribean on the Glory. Our stops are Bahamas, Grand Turk, San Juan, and St. Thomas... i was just wondering if we will need passports? My husband is a soldier and is currently deployed in Afghanistan. He will be home in a few days for his two week vacation, and we are planning to get the passports done then if we need them, since they take a while to get. Has anyone done this cruise? This will be my second time on the Glory, and passports werent required 5 years ago. Thanks in advance!

Passports are still not required (yet) for US citizens on closed loop cruises;)

Its not required on closed loop cruises beginning and ending in the US, but you "should" probably have one just in case you have to unexpectedly get back to the US from a foreign port.

Dh just got his passport in June and it took 2 weeks, without expedition.

is always a good Idea..if someone has an emergency to fly from a foreign port.back to USA...for 10 years use..the price goes up next week about $35 more..Google passport etc..you can also find the turn a round time for it. you have plenty of time for reg. expedition, not extra charge..you need 2 ident pics, b'cert w/raised seal, and if you have a new name..marriage lic w/old name. some post offices and libraries do them now..all the same cost. There is a passport card, and some cruzes u can use a raised seal BC..why chance it. also..We carried a copy of each others (200% colour ones) last month in Spain..My pal had a pickpocket lift hers. And I had a copy. It was late Fri, we had tiks to fly home early Mon.. with that and a police report, and convincing Delta in Barcelona that she was a US citizen, got her approval from the US Consulate, on the phone, with help from Delta Rep/Mgr., and even thru JFK, without a hitch..tho I wouldnt wish that on any one. So she did not have to spend 2/3 extra days in Barcelona, extra food/hotel/taxi, and schlepping 4 bags/luggage around.

If you are thinking of doing this in 2 weeks you should go ahead and get yours done on Monday to save $35! Prices go up on the 13th...

You can go online http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html and fill out all the paperwork, stop by a Walgreens or similar drug store for photos unless you have photoshop you can do your own and then you just need your certified birth certificate.. I just had my daughters renewed on Friday at a local post office and it took less than 30 mins total including wait time

My husband had his passport issued by the AF when he was enlisted, not sure if they still do that ?

In the end you are not required to have one for a closed loop cruise but it is necessary to travel by land or air.

Archived