Dinner with the Chef Question

Luluwa

Mach, or anyone else who can answer, what's the appropriate thing to do regarding tips for the Chef's Table? Is it included in the daily gratuity add-on, or should we leave something directly to the staff involved?

Included, Its always up to you if you want to tip more.

INFO:

Chef’s Table - $75 FEE (including wine and gratuity)

This unique culinary experience is now available for groups of 12 guests. It includes cocktails and hors d’ouevres as well as a personalized tour of the galley in operation, followed by a multi-course full-service dinner created by our master chefs – all hosted by the ship’s chef de cuisine. The dinner takes place in non-traditional dining venues – such as the galley, library and conference centre -- which will vary by ship. Reservations can be made onboard through the Guest Services desk and the fee is $75 per person (including wine and gratuity.)

The Chef’s Table is already available on Carnival Dream, Liberty, Pride, Ecstasy, Sensation, Imagination, Fascination and Inspiration!

Here are the ships and dates it will start'

Here are the latest dates its to start.

Carnival Freedom 7/17/10

Carnival Legend 7/25/10

Carnival Conquest 8/4/10

Carnival Glory 8/9/10

Carnival Miracle 8/19/10

Carnival Valor should be added by the start of September(not confirmed)

I went to the BLOG but didn't find it :(

This is from John's blog (don't worry... I have his permission...):

Well it has been so popular that we continue to put the Chef’s Table experience on more and more ships. Here are the latest dates for you to drool over.

Carnival Freedom 7/17/10

Carnival Legend 7/25/10

Carnival Conquest 8/4/10

Carnival Glory 8/9/10

Carnival Miracle 8/19/10

Carnival Valor should be added by the start of September and I will confirm that soon. Now, I would like to offer my help with reserving a table. This was a big decision for me to take because it actually will add a bit of work onto my schedule but because some of you have asked and because of the massive popularity that the Chef’s Table has, I decided to give my bloggers the first chance to reserve a place at the table. This is what I would ask.

1. In the Reply Section please write “CHEF’S TABLE RESERVATION NEEDED”

2. I will then need you to tell me the ship, the sailing date and your full name and state room number.

3. Please make sure your e mail address is included

4. Please give me as much prior notice as possible before sailing

One of the 344 Stephanies will send me the requests on Mondays and on Fridays and I will then send them to the ship. Your requests won’t be posted on the blog as they will include your e-mail address so please don’t place any other comments or questions in this posting which will also make it simple for me to read. Now, once the ships have received this request they will e mail a confirmation that will read like this.

Dear
Tim and Diane

Thank you for booking the Chef’s Table.

Your reservation request for
Guests is confirmed.

Should your plans change, please keep us advised at E MAIL ADDRESS WILL BE INCLUDED HERE FOR THE SPECIFIC SHIP

We look forward to serving you!

Your
Steakhouse Hostess

Little Ed

Carnival Dream

So, in the comments section of John's blog do what he detailed above! I've heard from several folks who have already gotten responses!!

:)

Archived