I am getting worried - is iot going to rain for the whole of our Cruise ?

Hi I am on the Serenade of the Seas Caribbean Cruise in a few weeks and I know this isn't the best time to Cruise (weather wise) but I wondered if anyoine could tell me if we have a good chance of getting lots of sunshine in August or is it very rainy ?

We will be going to Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Aruba and many other places

Thank you:confused:

Hi I am on the Serenade of the Seas Caribbean Cruise in a few weeks and I know this isn't the best time to Cruise (weather wise) but I wondered if anyoine could tell me if we have a good chance of getting lots of sunshine in August or is it very rainy ?

We will be going to Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Aruba and many other places

Thank you:confused:

In this part of the world there is a good chance of rain at some point every day. It is so hot that this is natures way of cooling things off. The rain is passing showers preceded by and followed by sunny and hot.

The exception to this is a hurricane. Hurricane season is June 1 to November 30 and the height of the season is mid September. The ship sails away from tropical storms and there is always a chance of a change in itinerary. Just be aware and don't dwell on this. You can't control the weather and for peace of mind you might want to invest in travel insurance.

Unless there's a tropical storm in the area, the rain you get in the summer is frequent but not long lasting, and the 90% of the day that it's not raining is hot, humid and partly sunny.

It might rain and since it's hurricane season, there might be a tropical storm out there somewhere. That being said, if you don't get too hung up on a specific port of call, you'll probably be ok. They might change course due to weather and you might miss one of your ports and go somewhere you weren't counting on going. Just know that the Captain is avoiding as much bad weather as possible. We've woken up to the darkest skies for a day at sea and thought about putting the swimsuits away, and suddenly, we have changed directions and the sun is out and had a beautiful day. They do their best to please the passengers and give you a great vacation, including finding the sun...what other resort can "move" you to sunny weather...only on a cruise ship....unless it's rain EVERYWHERE....???:D

We just go back on July 3. Yes, there was a hurricane headed where we we going (Costa Maya, Cozumel). We got not a drop of rain, but we did miss a port (Costa Maya) because of it being too windy to dock, and the waves were rough. After cruising for the 7th time and being to the same ports numerous times, of course, my luck had it that it was the port I had never been to!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't worry much about it. Afternoon rain in the tropics is common, but generally short lived. The beauty of cruising is your ship continues going to wherever and more often than not, you'll have more good weather than bad. I know on my past ships, on sea days the captain looks for spots in the sea where it is sunny to make passengers happier. If you booked a beach vacation on the island, you're stuck on that island for the duration of your trip but with a cruise, you just move onto a sunnier island!

Honestly, I wouldn't worry much about it. Afternoon rain in the tropics is common, but generally short lived. The beauty of cruising is your ship continues going to wherever and more often than not, you'll have more good weather than bad. I know on my past ships, on sea days the captain looks for spots in the sea where it is sunny to make passengers happier. If you booked a beach vacation on the island, you're stuck on that island for the duration of your trip but with a cruise, you just move onto a sunnier island!

And while you in Orlando are getting a deluge, we on the coast are in drought conditions! Only a couple of hours distance. You never know. Just enjoy your cruise and don't fret.

Quick Gold is correct...why don't you Google the ports to see when their rainy season is and the average temps and weather for the time you are going. A few days before our cruise I always put them in www.weather.com to get the week's report. Aruba is a desert, St. Lucia and Antigua may have some afternoon rains. If you live in the Southern US you should be used to those afternoon t-storms.

We got drenched on Curacao recently, but still had a great time. Don't stress about it...enjoy the cruise and being away from the daily grind for a week.

We were on the Majesty last week and it rained/was overcast the entire cruise but we still had a great time. It would have been nice to be able to enjoy the beaches and everything more but it was still a great trip.

Unless there's a tropical storm in the area, the rain you get in the summer is frequent but not long lasting, and the 90% of the day that it's not raining is hot, humid and partly sunny.

Exactly. We've been to Barbados many times in August. It rained almost every day, but for a short time.

Don't let the worrying ruin your trip! There's absolutely nothing you can do about the weather. Just take it in stride and remember you're on vacation. (And this is coming from someone who cruised with two tropical systems last August and still had a fantastic cruise!)

The more mountainous the island, the more likely the rain. Also, the farthest southern islands are generally outside the hurricane belt. And then there is Aruba, more desert than Caribbean island.

Bill

I learned that the hard way, so now when some one asked me what to buy or pack I will aways say, the best and first thing one should buy is two rain coats, a very light weight one, and a heaver one, preferably with a fabric that breathes. Next comes a small umbrella, and then pants or clothes from a fabric that dries quickly. Lets not get into shoes too many choices.

Aruba is a true desert island...they seldom get rain, because there are no mountains to "catch' the clouds/moisture. You'll most likely have fabulous weather there.

Wow then we must have been real unlucky in 08 in rained on and off the whole day and we were there in Oct. They were telling us how happy they were for the rain of course that was a strange cruise rain followed us from island to island one of the wettest we have ever taken.

Joe Bastardi predicts maximum hurricane weather from August 15-October 15. I would not discard his predictions, since during the latter part of May he predicted that the first June hurricane would be between June 28 and 30. Alex became a hurricane on June 29. By the way, this was the first June hurricane in 15 years; and, the strongest June hurricane in 44 years.

Archived