Best waterproof digital camera?

allisons

Just got our canond10 in a package deal, can't wait to play with it. we are booked everywhere but Belize, we are having such a hard time deciding. we are torn between Ambergris Caye that includes an aerial trip (i am alittle nervous about that) or maybe sergeants caye which is a little closer. we could also go to the hol chan marine reserve if we go to ambergris.

we are having such a hard time deciding between Ambergris Caye or we could also go to the hol chan marine reserve.

I'm trying to pick too. Same problem. We want to go back to Belize on a land based trip, so I need to pick so we will get the best snorkeling, and see the area where most of the dive and snorkel resorts are located.

You'll love the D10

RubyPrincess135-1.jpg

RubyPrincess100.jpg

RubyPrincess136-1.jpg

Cool pictures, you gotta love that face. where did you take the pictures? we are booked for everywhere but Belize. Can't decide where the best snorkeling will be. We did get our new canon camera so can't wait wait to take pictures. Hopefully we can all figure out what to do in Belize.

Don't know how the thumbs down icon got on there! Iwas having trouble with the connection ,must have hit it by mistake. sorry love that fish face. Have you decided where you are going in Belize. this is the hardest one deciding where to go . we are booked at every other port.

Cool pictures, you gotta love that face. where did you take the pictures? we are booked for everywhere but Belize. Can't decide where the best snorkeling will be. We did get our new canon camera so can't wait wait to take pictures. Hopefully we can all figure out what to do in Belize.

Thanks, the photos are from Bonaire, if you ever get a chance its the best snorkeling I've ever seen.

I'm going to Belize also... I'm still looking for best snorkeling idea myself? I swore I'd never take the ships tour again(too many people, too little time in the water)

Hi Mark ,where did you tske the picture of that adorable little fish? were you diving or snorkeling ?you got up close and personal.

I took most of them in Bonaire which is the best island for snorkeling. Only 3 cruise lines go there, so I picked a Princess cruise and it was really nice to see so many fish and coral in such shallow water right on the beach

RubyPrincess2010462small.jpg

That is one island we haven't gotten to go to yet. I'll have to put it on my list . We are having a hard time deciding what to do in Belize too. Really don't want to take a ship tour either. We did the Lamanai tour two different years and had totally differerent experiences. we booked through island marketing and the first time it was just our family of seven. It was the highlight of the cruise a wonderful relaxed day and our guide was terrific. the second time we took sister and bil and couldn't wait to get there. we got to a bus with maybe thirty some people. it was awful , we had the same guideand he was busy trying to keep track of everybody, when we asked him about seeing a particular part of the ruins he said there was not enough time. Ithink the other ship left earlier so we got cut out of part of the tour.so its not always just the ship tours that can be bad, but i still don't think i want to do the ship tour.

Anyone try the Vivitar Vivcam 8400? I know it's cheap but I don't want to spend $200-400 on a camera and 10 meters should be fine for me. It is 8.1 Megapixels with a 4gb memory and 8x Digital Zoom so as long as it takes decent photos I'd be happy. It's only $109 w/memory card, underwater flashlight, flotation device, batteries, and case on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Vivitar-Vivcam-Digital-Underwater-Accessory/dp/B002XEUEY8/ref=sr_1_9?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1283808327&sr=1-9

We have an Olympus stylus(don't remember number) that is a couple years old . it goes 10 feet and we have gotten some ver nice pictures with it. But we just bought the Canon D10 and it goes to 16 feet. if you look at some of the pics on here that were taken with the canon you will want one too. don't know about the vivitar but sometimes you get what you pay for and you may be disappointed in the quality.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi To All,

How do I add our past cruises so that they list under our posts.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Lou and Jane

Hey Jane - Here's how you put past cruises on:

Go to User CP - top of page......

Then edit your signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cindy, i haven't been on to much lately, i will try and post the past cruises later today.we are leaving on our oct. cruise in a few weeks soi have been trying to make sure i have all that in order. Are you bringing Norman with you in january? we are looking forward to seeing him. tell everybody we said hi.

We have an Olympus stylus(don't remember number) that is a couple years old . it goes 10 feet and we have gotten some ver nice pictures with it. But we just bought the Canon D10 and it goes to 16 feet. if you look at some of the pics on here that were taken with the canon you will want one too. don't know about the vivitar but sometimes you get what you pay for and you may be disappointed in the quality.

I've been debating between the Olympus Stylus Tough and the D10. How do you like both? Does the Stylus take decent "on land" pictures?

I've been debating between the Olympus Stylus Tough and the D10. How do you like both? Does the Stylus take decent "on land" pictures?

I have had two of the older versions of the Olympus Stylus models and I now have a D10. The Olympus look nicer, but the Canon D10 wins hands down for picture quality. I find them close to the same above water, just general point and shoot quality (my non-waterproof canon is better), but under water the Canon D10 is far superior. I took the Canon D10 as my only camera to Niagara Falls this summer (too much water everywhere and it rained the whole time) and the pictures all look good.

Just got our canond10 in a package deal, can't wait to play with it. we are booked everywhere but Belize, we are having such a hard time deciding. we are torn between Ambergris Caye that includes an aerial trip (i am alittle nervous about that) or maybe sergeants caye which is a little closer. we could also go to the hol chan marine reserve if we go to ambergris.

Hello Cruisingforsix - Can I ask you where you bought your D10 & how much you ended up paying? I also ordered one from an on-line company without reading their reviews first & I'm afraid that I might have gotten scammed. They already charged my cc, I just hope that I really get it in time. If not I may have to go by another one real quick.

I think that we are on the same cruise on the Legend on the 17th.

In July we purchased the Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 (brand new model). It is wonderful. The underwater settings are great, and the 720i high definition video is also very good underwater. We have had ZERO problems with this camera and it takes great pictures. Here are a few sample pics from our B2B on the Serenade. 58605_581166226214_15300626_33613446_7102639_n.jpg47113_581060837414_15300626_33609648_2149119_n.jpg47571_581058821454_15300626_33609564_5358438_n.jpg

Hello Cruisingforsix - Can I ask you where you bought your D10 & how much you ended up paying? I also ordered one from an on-line company without reading their reviews first & I'm afraid that I might have gotten scammed. They already charged my cc, I just hope that I really get it in time. If not I may have to go by another one real quick.

I think that we are on the same cruise on the Legend on the 17th.

Hi, are you ready to go? 13 days left. we bought it on amazon and it was a package deal which was cheaper than buying everything cheaper. i t was about 320 give or take a few dollars. we got it in about 2 days but amazon is usually pretty fast, we use them alot.

It does take decent land pictures and we haven't used the canon d10 yet but if you look at the pictures on here that were taken with the d10 they are really good clear pics. several people sem to agree that they love their d10. we sail in 2 weeks ,i'll let you know how it did when we get back.

Hi, are you ready to go? 13 days left. we bought it on amazon and it was a package deal which was cheaper than buying everything cheaper. i t was about 320 give or take a few dollars. we got it in about 2 days but amazon is usually pretty fast, we use them alot.

Thanks for the info. Hope I get my camera soon & won't need to panic & buy another. I am so excited about getting it. Are you doing any scuba diving on this trip or only snorkeling. Not sure if it's safe to take this camera on our Discovery Dives, but I'm guessing that they won't take us too deep anyway.

I am SO ready to go! I've started my pile of misc. items to pack & bought a new snorkel set because the one we had didn't fit me well & always filled with water. Tested them out in the hot tub & I think we're good to go.:)

Hi Mark ,check out the you tube hd video in belize glovers reef, beautiful. i think glovers reef is to far for us to go on a ship day but it looks like a beautiful snorkeling spot.

I was actually getting ready to post to say that Glovers Reef is the best snorkeling/diving I have ever done. Cruise ships definitely don't go there, but if you can drag yourself away from the ship for 1 vacation, the weeks at Glovers Reef was amazing. Go to http://www.slickrock.com for details!!

Thanks for the pictures. (And to everyone else who responded with their input of the Olympus Tough). I ordered the 8010 online, and am looking forward to playing with it. I'm going on my honeymoon cruise in exactly 2 weeks, and can't wait to see how the pictures turn out.

In July we purchased the Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 (brand new model). It is wonderful. The underwater settings are great, and the 720i high definition video is also very good underwater. We have had ZERO problems with this camera and it takes great pictures. Here are a few sample pics from our B2B on the Serenade. 58605_581166226214_15300626_33613446_7102639_n.jpg47113_581060837414_15300626_33609648_2149119_n.jpg47571_581058821454_15300626_33609564_5358438_n.jpg

I have the Olympus and I've been happy with it. It's supposed to be good to 33 feet, I've taken it to 27 before without problems. I'm always careful to make sure it's dry before downloading and try not to bang it around too much (although it is supposed to be shockproof). My friend owned the same camera and has gone through 3 though!!! She's rougher on them than I am though.

Archived