14 Night Vacation Options

Hello

My family is planning a reunion cruise for 2 weeks in July 2011. We have 3 different options that we are considering. The price is not a deciding factor. We haven't been on any of the ships, so we don't have any opinions on the ships.

Here are the Options:

1) Allure of the Seas 7/10/11-7/24/11 Eastern-Western Fort Lauderdale

Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, 3 Sea Days

Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel, 3 Sea Days

2) Freedom of the Seas 7/10/11-7/24/11 Western-Eastern Port Canaveral

Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2 Sea Days

CocoCay, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, 3 Sea Days

3) Carnival Liberty 7/9/11-7/23/11 Eastern-Western

Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, 2 Sea Days

Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, 3 Sea Days

Please Comment on which itinerary you think is the best option.

Hello

My family is planning a reunion cruise for 2 weeks in July 2011. We have 3 different options that we are considering. The price is not a deciding factor. We haven't been on any of the ships, so we don't have any opinions on the ships.

Here are the Options:

Um - Allure of the Seas would be the best option in my opinion. New ship, great amount of activities that will suit every member of your family, and if I understand correctly, you will be visiting Labadee, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten w/ 6 sea days.

EDIT: I'm just guessing you will be doing a Back to Back cruise, right?

I would have to vote for Allure since money is no object :D. Plus it has so many things for a family traveling together. Plus brand new ship. Don't get me wrong, I love the Freedom and sailed and will sail on her many times so it's nothing negative to the Freedom, but I think a family with kids would love the Allure. It's for active people who want to experience something different and unique.

Hello

Here are the Options:

If, as you say, money is no object, go on the Allure. There is absolutely NO chance that anyone will run out of things to do in two weeks.

I like Liberty's itinerary the best. But I'm not a fan of the Carnival decor, and two weeks is a long time to live with it. If you have a lot of kids attending, I'd vote for Allure because it gives them the most to do. Plus there are more flight options in and out of Ft Lauderdale (or Miami, which isn't too far away).

If I am reading your signature correctly, you are right now on the Liberty doing E&W Caribbean. See how you like the Freedom class ship, might help you decide.

you are correct. Liberty has been amazing, but this 2 week cruise seems to have already filled my freedom class capacity, even though it is not done yet! There are lots of people vacationing on Liberty now so I think the size of allure is better for next year. Liberty is, believe it or not, starting to feel cramped and we aren't even half way done yet!

THANK YOU ALL for your input!

There is absolutely NO chance that anyone will run out of things to do in two weeks.

Allure does seem like the best option for the age range we have in our family. We are thinking of staterooms on deck 12 (close to the kid space but not under the pool deck). We will either do all outside balcony, all boardwalk balcony, or half boardwalk balcony and half oceanview balcony. What are your opinions on the staterooms?

Allure does seem like the best option for the age range we have in our family. We are thinking of staterooms on deck 12 (close to the kid space but not under the pool deck). We will either do all outside balcony, all boardwalk balcony, or half boardwalk balcony and half oceanview balcony. What are your opinions on the staterooms?

It's a personal preference, but when I am on a cruise, I want to see the sea, not a Boardwalk. Or a Central Park. I would always pick oceanview balcony, of those choices.

I may spend lots of time strolling the boardwalk or central park, but I want my balcony to be OUTSIDE.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You all for your input. We decided on the Allure. We got 20 Balcony Rooms on Deck 9. They are outside balconies.

Just off the Liberty and I hated the Ship. Too small for my group for 2 weeks. That was also one of the Deciding Factors. We booked onboard and saved about 15%.

Lucky!! Can I be an honory member of your family? Sounds like alot of fun! My sister cruises but wont go in the summer and I still have kids in school so cant go any other time. I wont pay the high airline prices over winter/spring break.

jpa2011, I would have chosen the Allure if money was no object, too - for all it has to offer, but not because the Liberty OTS is too small! :eek: Good thing you weren't planning to sail before now as there have never before been ships as large as the Oasis or Allure!

At any rate, sounds like it will be lots of fun for your family group!

Archived