From X to RCI , what´s better!

Germancruiser

Hello,

as X does not have any ship in the Emirates ( Dubai) I have to switch to RCI. Well at leat it stay´s " in the family" . LOL.

I sailed Brilliance of the Seas before and most of the Vision - Class of ships. They have great ships- BUT I could write a list of things I miss on board RCI ships.

So if there are cruisers of X that also cruised RCI, what do you prefer on X- over RCI:

I will begin:

Latte Tudes ( RCI) : papercups for tea, coffee, self service

Cova Cafe / Cafe al Baccio: nice china- exellent service...

Greetings

Michael

Hello,

as X does not have any ship in the Emirates ( Dubai) I have to switch to RCI. Well at leat it stay´s " in the family" . LOL.

I sailed Brilliance of the Seas before and most of the Vision - Class of ships. They have great ships- BUT I could write a list of things I miss on board RCI ships.

So if there are cruisers of X that also cruised RCI, what do you prefer on X- over RCI:

There is quite a lot of variations between the different classes of ships in each line, so that is a tough question!

In general, I think the specialty restaurants on Celebrity are better than on RCCL (Having tried Ocean Liners, Murano, Silk Harvest, Tuscan Grill, Bistro on 5 on Celebrity and Chops, Portofino and Sea View Cafe on RCCL)

I like the entertainment on RCCL better, particularly on the bigger Freedom-class ships.

I like the decor of the Solstice-class ships, but the Radiance-class ships are pretty nice too.

The variety of bars is better on Celebrity since, for the most part, many of the RCCL bars all have the same bar menu.

In general, there are fewer kids on Celebrity which is a plus for us BUT on the Freedom-class ships they do a great jobs of keeping the kids segregated in their own areas (H20 zone, kid's club etc....).

You mentioned the coffee shops and I agree. I like the Promenade Cafe on the big RCCL ships, but much prefer Cafe Al Bacio.

I would not kick either line out of bed for eating crackers!

Mike

-I like the smoking policy on Celebrity.

-My children have more fun in RCCL.

-We liked the MDR food on Celebrity better than RCCL. But, we didn't like Tuscany grill, Portofino's is much better.

-We missed RCCL's Concierge Lounge and the Concierge services, like making reservations and appointments before we arrive to the cruise. We didn't care too much about the butler services.

-I like the entertainment on RCCL bigger ships better, but Clebrity's shows were really good.

-Liked the free laundry bag and free internet minutes coupons that were given to us on Clebrity. We are diamond members in RCCL and although this was our first Celebrity cruise, they gave us an elite status.

-RCCL have better pictures packages.

-Clebrity's drinks packages are better.

-On RCCL as a diamond member they give you a coupon for a 20% off on any spa service. On Celebrity you can only use the coupon on port days.

-I also found that some of the spa prices were higher on Celebrity. I was charged $10-$15 more for the same services (styling my hair, for ex.)

Archived