Wine shops in New Orleans

oceanbill457

Any recommendations on buying wine in New Orleans?

That is a wide open question. There are a ton of places to buy wine in New Orleans. Do you want just some basic wine? A restaurant with wine? Fancy wine? Wine to take home?

????

That is a wide open question. There are a ton of places to buy wine in New Orleans. Do you want just some basic wine? A restaurant with wine? Fancy wine? Wine to take home?

????

I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who has 10000 plus responses. I'm going on a cruise, so I thought someone could tell me where to buy wine for that purpose. Obviously, I can buy wine in my home town , so I didn't need your advice on that. You didn't give me any, so thanks for nothing.

I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who has 10000 plus responses. I'm going on a cruise, so I thought someone could tell me where to buy wine for that purpose. Obviously, I can buy wine in my home town , so I didn't need your advice on that. You didn't give me any, so thanks for nothing.

Hi oceanbill,

Here in New Orleans, beer, wine and liquor can be purchased anywhere such as convenience stores, drugstores, grocery stores, restaurant, bars, etc. And yes, we do have drive through daiquiri shops. Finding places to buy booze is not the problem. :) It really does depend more on what part of town you'll be staying.

However, you asked for specifics so the three that come to mind are:

Martin Wine Cellar (714 Elmeer Ave., Metairie, 896-7350)

Dorignac's Food Center (710 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Metairie, 834-8216)

Elio's Wine Warehouse (6205 S. Miro St., 866-1852)

By the way, you can also stock up on liquor and beer there. However, if you're staying in or near the French Quarter/Downtown area you'll need to drive or take a taxi to any of those three establishments.

Hope this helps.

Jorge

Hi oceanbill,

Here in New Orleans, beer, wine and liquor can be purchased anywhere such as convenience stores, drugstores, grocery stores, restaurant, bars, etc. And yes, we do have drive through daiquiri shops. Finding places to buy booze is not the problem. :) It really does depend more on what part of town you'll be staying.

However, you asked for specifics so the three that come to mind are:

Martin Wine Cellar (714 Elmeer Ave., Metairie, 896-7350)

Dorignac's Food Center (710 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Metairie, 834-8216)

Elio's Wine Warehouse (6205 S. Miro St., 866-1852)

By the way, you can also stock up on liquor and beer there. However, if you're staying in or near the French Quarter/Downtown area you'll need to drive or take a taxi to any of those three establishments.

Hope this helps.

Jorge

Thanks for the info. I will be staying in the French Qtr, but can use the cabs.

• 1 month later...

Vieux Carre' Wine & Spirits422 Chartres Street, New Orleans, LA 70130-2102

Next to K-Pauls-You can buy Sutter Home/ Yellow Tail type wine anywhere (CVS- Walgreens). If you are looking for more selection, you will need to scout a store.

Archived