Port of Baltimore, where to stay?

GAHart

Pier 5? Admiral Fell? Or the Renaissance Harbor Place? Or someplace else?

We are, I fear, too old for cobblestones.

For your needs, I would choose the Renaissance.

Where there are cobblestones, there are also concrete sidewalks. ;)

We will be coming to Baltimore by Amtrak train. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay the night before our Feb 28th sailing?

Henderson's Wharf Inn

Hotel Monaco

Marriott Waterfront

Pier 5

Hilton Baltimore

On this thread, I'll also add Renaissance Harborplace. ;)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express BWI West the 19th of November. The hotel was clean, and was fine for the 1 night we stayed there. We had parking for the 10 days of our cruise. The breakfast in the morning was very nice with a lot of selection. The shuttle to and from the port worked out very well.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Definitely worth the $99 for the one night's stay to get the hotel, breakfast, parking, and shuttle for the 4 of us.

Did you book directly with the hotel or go thru a website?

Thanks,,

We just booked the HIE at BWI yesterday (called hotel direct 410-684-3388) for 1 nite stay on 1/14 - $100 includes up to 14 days parking and free shuttle (except for tips). Tax is $13.00 for a total of $113.

9 days parking at the port is $135.00 ($15.00 per day).

We are driving up from Northern VA and may or may not use the reservation depending upon the weather. If you eat dinner out 1 nite, the cost becomes about a "push".

Kathi and Bruce

I just booked a "Park and Cruise" package at the Sleep Inn & Suites - Downtown Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD. It is a new hotel - opened two weeks ago. The price of their package varies (Currently $119 + tax for a one night stay before the end of February) and the number of included free days of parking varies, depending upon their busy times through the year, according to the manager, Abraham. They offer free shuttle to/from the cruise port with the package. Their phone number is (410) 779-6166.

I just booked a "Park and Cruise" package at the Sleep Inn & Suites - Downtown Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD. It is a new hotel - opened two weeks ago. The price of their package varies (Currently $119 + tax for a one night stay before the end of February) and the number of included free days of parking varies, depending upon their busy times through the year, according to the manager, Abraham. They offer free shuttle to/from the cruise port with the package. Their phone number is (410) 779-6166.

Hi Savvy...thanks for this info.

This hotel is not located at the Inner Harbor, but several blocks away from both Harborplace and Harbor East. I believe the building was once a furniture store. ;)

http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-baltimore-maryland-MD222

• 2 weeks later...
Have a look at Springhill Suites on East Redwood. You can get a 2 bedroom suite (1 king bed per bedroom and a sofa bed in the living area) for about $250 (I used June 11 as a sample). Not sure about a shuttle, but you might be able to arrange something with the difference of paying for 2 hotel rooms.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites near the airport, and had a 2 bedroom suite there. We had 4 adults and 2 kids. Each bedroom had a bathroom, the one bedroom had a king and TV, the other 2 doubles and a TV, and the living room had a sofa bed and TV. Was surprisingly comfortable for the 6 of us and we spent 2 nights there. Breakfast was included as well as free dinner one night (only on weeknights I beleive). Unfortunately, the Homewood Inner Harbor doesn't have the 2 bedroom suites or we would have stayed down there. You'd have to pay to get to the pier (although a little palm greasing might get their airport shuttle to take you to the pier too, you never know), but I think you'd have to pay to get to an Inner Harbor hotel from the airport anyway, so this place might be an option to consider. This one is showing $259 for the same night as above.

I haven't done anyhting regarding this vacation for months now, but thanks for the tip. I'll check this out.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express BWI West the 19th of November. The hotel was clean, and was fine for the 1 night we stayed there. We had parking for the 10 days of our cruise. The breakfast in the morning was very nice with a lot of selection. The shuttle to and from the port worked out very well.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Definitely worth the $99 for the one night's stay to get the hotel, breakfast, parking, and shuttle for the 4 of us.

Was there anywhere close to have dinner? We are thinking about this hotel, but are also looking for a place to eat later on in the day of our arrival as we are flying in the day before the cruise.

We will be sailing in January, someone told us the Sleep Inn at the airport which includes free vehicle parking during the cruise...is this in a safe area?

We stayed at the Sleep Inn last summer on our Caribbean cruise. Because it was such a positive experience, we'll do a repeat when doing the New England/Canadian one this coming July.

Was there anywhere close to have dinner? We are thinking about this hotel, but are also looking for a place to eat later on in the day of our arrival as we are flying in the day before the cruise.

The are plenty of places within a mile or so, the Arundel Mills Mall is very close and I believe the hotel offers their shuttle to take you to the restaurants and the mall. There is a Denny's actually adjacent to the hotel, but nothing else within walking distance.

If you flying in and want to stretch your legs, you could take the shuttle over to the mall and get some walking in while you decide what you would like to eat.

Have a great cruise!

• 3 years later...
Figured this thread needed a bump, any updated hotel info or suggestions out there??

Yes, if you read the page you'd see things that aren't 3 years old...

Like THIS ONE

Or even THIS

And one more HERE

If you give us dates, budget and whether you're driving or flying, or want a package.....

You're often better just picking a place and driving to the pier....you open up many more options...