Port of Baltimore, where to stay?

GAHart

We're going on our cruise next Sunday and we are staying at the Best Western on O'Donnell St. 5 Minutes from cruise terminal, they have a full restaurant and bar in the hotel, a dinner theatre(Toby's), an indoor pool, sauna, spa, free shuttle to the inner harbor, free hot breakfast and they have a free shuttle to an from the terminal. $159. I'll let you know how the hotel was when we get back.

The Sleep Inn at the Baltimore airport has a package for $99 (including taxes and fees) that includes room, breakfast, parking for 14 days, and shuttle to and from port.

We just got back from the Pride and stayed at the Sleep Inn before the cruise. We got a rate of $88! including breakfast, free parking and the shuttle. I had to book thru the web site stay123 dot com to get this rate, booking direct thru the hotel was more. They charge a non refundable deposit of $22 at time of reservation. Everyone in our group of 11 were very pleased with the arrangement. The hotel was fine, nothing fancy. Breakfast was sufficient. But the shuttle was extremely convenient. All 11 of us with all our luggage in one van. We had no waiting at the hotel, and had a very fast pickup after debarkation. I highly recommend.

We just got back from the Pride and stayed at the Sleep Inn before the cruise. We got a rate of $88! including breakfast, free parking and the shuttle. I had to book thru the web site stay123 dot com to get this rate, booking direct thru the hotel was more. They charge a non refundable deposit of $22 at time of reservation. Everyone in our group of 11 were very pleased with the arrangement. The hotel was fine, nothing fancy. Breakfast was sufficient. But the shuttle was extremely convenient. All 11 of us with all our luggage in one van. We had no waiting at the hotel, and had a very fast pickup after debarkation. I highly recommend.
Thanks Shirley for the post we have this booked for Dec and my husband has an electric scooter they told us they would be able to shuttle it with us,Also did you drive or fly? we will be leaving our car for 12 nights and hope it will be safe.

Thanks for the quick review! Booked!

Clay

We're going on our cruise next Sunday and we are staying at the Best Western on O'Donnell St. 5 Minutes from cruise terminal, they have a full restaurant and bar in the hotel, a dinner theatre(Toby's), an indoor pool, sauna, spa, free shuttle to the inner harbor, free hot breakfast and they have a free shuttle to an from the terminal. $159. I'll let you know how the hotel was when we get back.

Hi j&t. I am curious to hear what you have to say about this hotel, so I'll be looking for your opinion.

It's located among truck stops and on the grounds of the Greyhound/Peter Pan Bus terminal. Hope it works out for you. ;)

Edited by madelinerose

I just booked through stay123 and got the Holiday Inn Express for 99.00. I liked this hotel better because it has free shuttles to different places in Baltimore like the Inner Harbor and other attractions. My friend call the Sleep Inn and the Comfort Inn directly to ask questions and I think the people at the Comfort Inn said that they do not have a cruise stay and park deal. So make sure you call and check first. I talked to someone at the Holiday Inn and he was very helpful! I can't wait for my cruise in November! We will be celebrating my birthday the night before we leave in Baltimore somewhere. Any ideas for a great place to go out to dinner near the Inner Harbor?

Thanks Joyce! I saw information regarding an airport shuttle in another thread, the cost was $36 for two people so I've made a reservation.

We are staying at the Sleep Inn the night before the cruise. I believe the package includes a shuttle FROM the airport to the hotel - anyone know how this works? Where do you find the shuttle, am I to contact them with flight information? I've sent a few emails but haven't heard back. I'd call but cannot do that from work...TIA!

I just booked through stay123 and got the Holiday Inn Express for 99.00. I liked this hotel better because it has free shuttles to different places in Baltimore like the Inner Harbor and other attractions. My friend call the Sleep Inn and the Comfort Inn directly to ask questions and I think the people at the Comfort Inn said that they do not have a cruise stay and park deal. So make sure you call and check first. I talked to someone at the Holiday Inn and he was very helpful! I can't wait for my cruise in November! We will be celebrating my birthday the night before we leave in Baltimore somewhere. Any ideas for a great place to go out to dinner near the Inner Harbor?

I'm going to suggest a couple of places near my neighborhood, which is Federal Hill/Locust Point area. This is quite near to your hotel.

The Wine Market. http://www.the-wine-market.com/

Blue Agave http://www.blueagaverestaurant.com/

And not as close but still easy to get to in the Canton neighborhood is one of my favorites: Blue Hill Tavern http://www.bluehilltavern.com/

(Since its your anniversary, this is a good place. Great looking restaurant and can be quite romantic at the right table!)

I'm going to suggest a couple of places near my neighborhood, which is Federal Hill/Locust Point area. This is quite near to your hotel.

The Wine Market. http://www.the-wine-market.com/

Blue Agave http://www.blueagaverestaurant.com/

And not as close but still easy to get to in the Canton neighborhood is one of my favorites: Blue Hill Tavern http://www.bluehilltavern.com/

(Since its your anniversary, this is a good place. Great looking restaurant and can be quite romantic at the right table!)

Good choices. ;)

We will be celebrating my birthday the night before we leave in Baltimore somewhere. Any ideas for a great place to go out to dinner near the Inner Harbor?

Be sure to let them know about your birthday on the ship. Then you can celebrate twice!

We are staying at the Hampton Inn BWI before our November cruise and leaving our car there. It is a little more than some of the other places but it is still just $162 inclusive and includes breakfast, shuttle to and from the port, and parking for 10 days.

Thanx for the feedback. You know its tempting to save some $s by staying in ,lets say, the Sleep Inn.

Normally I'd go that way but this seems so nice and a great way to start our first cruise.

I'm pretty sure the included breakfast will beat any continental breakfast at HoliEconoRamaSuite Inn

Its also a few blocks away from low income housing, that have police cameras mounted at the intersections .I would not walk the area or leave my hotel at night. I work near there and I try to avoid the area even during the day.

Its also a few blocks away from low income housing, that have police cameras mounted at the intersections .I would not walk the area or leave my hotel at night. I work near there and I try to avoid the area even during the day.

On 8-29 j&t cruiser posted that they could see their ship from the hotel. Hope we read a hotel review here. ;)

• 1 month later...

Good morning everyone, my question pertains to train stops in Baltimore. Considering doing a cruise out of Baltimore and taking the Acela in. There are 2 stops in Baltimore which are Baltimore Penn Station and BWI which one is closer to the Port?

Thanks for any info.

Good morning everyone, my question pertains to train stops in Baltimore. Considering doing a cruise out of Baltimore and taking the Acela in. There are 2 stops in Baltimore which are Baltimore Penn Station and BWI which one is closer to the Port?

Thanks for any info.

Penn station is in downtown Baltimore. If you are taking the train in the morning of the cruise, I would get off there. It's only 3.5 miles to the cruise port.

Aloha,

John

There are 2 stops in Baltimore which are Baltimore Penn Station and BWI which one is closer to the Port?

Thanks for any info.

Hi Debbie...just adding to John's post. Yes, Penn Station is closer to the cruise terminal and a short taxi ride away, a straight shot south on St. Paul Street. You will reach the Penn Station stop before BWI. Have fun. ;)