room service question

Jo and Rob

Is room service complimentary? Does it include tea and coffee at any time? What would you recommend? How does it compare with Princess and RCI room service?

It depends on where the cruise is whether it is complimentary or not. Continental breakfast in your cabin is always free but all other room service is chargeable except on US sailings. It is alos fairly limited - soup of the day + crusty roll; smoked salmon sandwich; msc club sandwich; fruit platter and that sort of thing. It is really only for a snack in between meals rather than as a substitute to a meal in the restaurant or buffet., The Club sandwich is very nice.

Was going to say the same as Amomondo. So I'll say how we actually used room service. It's a standing joke with my DH that he gets coffee in bed on our anniversary (it gives him a chance to remember.....not that he ever forgets :rolleyes:). We were on Opera last year for our anniversary and I used room service breakfast for that day to keep up the tradition. Everyday after I ordered an early morning cuppa - with a few tasty things to stave off the hunger pangs (or packed up for later for a snack when on a trip). They were always delivered right on time. It meant we then had a late 'full monty' breakfast in the buffet to avoid the queues if we were not ashore. Ditto later lunches.

As we were on 2nd sitting for dinner we found this worked a treat for us and I would certainly take this approach on all future cruises we take.

let me get this straight, even when you order room service for breakfast, you are still allowed in the breakfast buffet at a later time?

Yes. You could even do room service then the dining room then the buffet if you were so inclined! They don't monitor what meals you have where.

In my view the dining room is better for breakfast as you get your eggs cooked fresh to order and can also get omlettes made too

let me get this straight, even when you order room service for breakfast, you are still allowed in the breakfast buffet at a later time?

breakfast in room, breakfast in dinning room, lunch at 11, grill by the pool, ice cream, room service cheese tray, dinner, oh my...

that's why we all gain 7lbs in a week of cruising. Although on our one cruise I actually lost 2lbs. I did so much walking on the ship. It was great:)

Is room service available during dinner time, the reason I'm asking is because we are assigned for 1st seating and with the excursions that we are planning to take, it looks like that there might be nights that we are late for our assigned time and someone had posted that the doors at the dining rooms are closed 15 min after the set time.

Is room service available during dinner time, the reason I'm asking is because we are assigned for 1st seating and with the excursions that we are planning to take, it looks like that there might be nights that we are late for our assigned time and someone had posted that the doors at the dining rooms are closed 15 min after the set time.

yes room service will be available if you miss dinner. They do close the restaurant after 15 minutes or so. However on days that they are later in port, they sometimes vary dinner time by up to half an hour. make sure you check your daily programme. One night on my cruise last week, I thought the rest of my table had stood me up but 2nd dinner had been put back to 9.00and first to 6.30

thx AmoMondo,I enjoyed reading your posts, very informative. Is the procedure for dinner room service the same as breakfast room service?

Thank you - always happy to help.

No. for Breakfast the preferred method is that you complete the breakfast order card and hang it on your door the night before. For room service any other time, you just phone to place your order. Some of the newer ships have the option to place your order via the flatscreen TV in the cabin. (On the Fantasia, I found it quicker to phone as the TV has delivery time in 30 minute segments and as we'd just missed the current one we would have had 30-60 mins to wait if we ordered over the TV, but it arrived within 15 minutes when we phoned)

Archived