Prepurchased Vatican Tickets..No bar code on receipt.. problem?

wannabetraveler

We purchased tickets for the Vatican in Sept. They sent a receipt, per email, but there was no bar code. It said at the site... the Vatican itself... that when we get there, they will scan the bar code for entrance but there was no bar code on the email. I sent an email back as a reply to their email but so far no answer. Now what do I do? Thanks

Thank you so much. I have only recv one email and it did say POS order acceptence confirmation. When does the second one come?

I just looked and they both arrived within about 20 minutes of each other. The first one was from siteba.ecommerce@ssb.it and the subject was Musei Vaticani: @POS order acceptance. The 2nd one had the voucher pdf attachment and it was from Ticket Office Online and the subject was Voucher di prenotazione #### - Booking Voucher #### (where #### is the long booking number.)

Have you looked in the junk folder of your email account?

Well- I just called my credit card company and am contesting the charge. I then reordered the tickets from the vatican museum web site and guess what.... within a few minutes both the receipt and then the ticket came by email...I got my tickets! Do not know what happen the first time. Thanks again. Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

We had problems receiving our bar code receipts, also. Seems they have a problem with roadrunner accounts. My husband contacted them through his yahoo account and they resent the receipt immediately.

Tell me about ordering the tickets online. I tried to order for October. Some days were available, but mine was not. Do they really only sell them 60 days in advance? Do you need to have the tickets and a Vatican guide?

Yes, they are only available 60 days in advance - I'm told they sell out quickly, so it is best to order as soon as they become available for the date you need. We are doing the guided group tour, because we have no idea where to go and because, with the crowds, I figured we could benefit from the headsets they provide.

VaticanTicketsBarcode-vi.jpg

Does your ticket look like this one???

Maybe the barcode itself is a little confusing to you:

On the right of the top you find the newer generation of the barcode which offer multiple-dimension information rather than the barcodes you might know from your purchases in the supermarket.

So if you have it on your tickets: you are fine.

If not: there is a reprint function on the ticket-sales-website as well as there is a contact address in case you have problems like you described.

Regards

HeinBloed

Tell me about ordering the tickets online. I tried to order for October. Some days were available, but mine was not. Do they really only sell them 60 days in advance? Do you need to have the tickets and a Vatican guide?

http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?action=booking

Bookings are open now until October 13, 2010.

You can also book without tour: 15.00 EUR.

Regards

HeinBloed

• 1 year later...
We purchased tickets for the Vatican in Sept. They sent a receipt, per email, but there was no bar code. It said at the site... the Vatican itself... that when we get there, they will scan the bar code for entrance but there was no bar code on the email. I sent an email back as a reply to their email but so far no answer. Now what do I do? Thanks

what is the web site please?

Archived