Fantasy or Facination

We are looking at 2 cruises in December, one on the Fantasy and one on the Facination. We will have 2 kids w/ us, ages 8 & 5. Are they pretty even as far as the pools and water park/slides go? Are there many big differences w/ these two ships?

TIA.

Done both,

They are pretty identical but i prefer the Fascination for décor and the camp Carnival on the Veranda deck. (Promenade deck on the Fantasy).

Embarkation and debarkation are reaaly easy at Jax... and a pain in the ... at Charleston.

Fascination for me...

Why is Charleston a pain? That's the closest to us in NC. Jax isn't too much further though... that's why we've picked those 2 cruises.

Facination is a 6 day too vs the 5 day Fantasy. I'm leaning more towards that one, but still undecided.

At Charleston you have to drop off bagages at one place, then go parking in a wharehouse... then you wait for the shuttle (in the hot sun) to take you to the terminal. The process took us 25 minutes.

Debarkation is the same, wait at the terminal for the shuttle to take you to the warehouse, long walk in the warehouse with all your lugages.

I hated it.

both ships have had the upgrades so Pool and Water slides are the same.

Fantasy does not have the additional balconies that Fascination does.

Charleston is a new port but no real port terminal. Jacksonville has small port terminal and big parking lot and is easy to access on the fringe of town.

I have been out of Jacksonville twice on the Celebration, and of all my cruises those were my favorites. I have sailed the Fantasy three times, but from NOLA and Mobile.

On your questions on anther link about Camp Carnival, but a four year old and seven year old would be in separate groups.

One thing in particular I love about Jacksonville, is that it is very close to St. Augustine which is one of the oldest cities in the US. It is a step back in time to go there, and worth an extra day.

Archived