Would like recipe for HAL vegetable terrine.

carperson

Just got back from Alaska cruise on Rotterdam, and had several really good vegetarian meals.

Would really like the recipe for the vegetable terrine, and if possible, the mashed potatoes with escarole recipe.

Thanks.

Just got back from Alaska cruise on Rotterdam, and had several really good vegetarian meals.

Would really like the recipe for the vegetable terrine, and if possible, the mashed potatoes with escarole recipe.

Thanks.

I don't have the recipe (sorry!) but I'm going on HAL next month and I'm a pescetarian. Can you share which menu items you'd recommend?

Thanks!

There was plenty of seafood of all kinds to choose from, many of which included butter or milk/cream products. I did choose to eat salmon for one meal (it was growing progressively harder to resist all that good food!)

For breakfast I ordered oatmeal from the dine-in cabin menu--had to do that as a write-in option. Was even able to get rice milk for it.

Lunch was easy--most days ate at the Lido, the buffet. In the first few days of the cruise we were served by the crew members, but I believe that was for health reasons. When no one exhibited signs of being sick, they began letting us serve ourselves which was better for me. I had to ask for bigger servings of vegetables in the beginning, but once I could serve myself, was able to have really big helpings of vegetables etc. Plenty of whole grain breads to choose from, and lots of fruit.

Overall, the food turned out to be very easy. When I ate in the dining room at dinner, was able to find items on the regular menu, and they also gave me a vegetarian menu to order from for the following night. When we were seated I just had to tell the waiter that I had pre-ordered a vegetarian meal, and they simply brought me all the courses at the same times as they served my companion's non-veg courses.

You will have no problem at all getting fish on your cruise. Have fun!

Archived