Upgrade to JS woth the $$$???

I am booked on LOS in the superior balcony room. I was just wondering if it is worth the extra $500 for a JS? I see that it is alot more room but not to much else. Is there extra closet space or something. This is my first RCCL trip and I wanted it to be kind of special since I am not sure when I will be able to go on a 7 day cruise again. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks so much. :o:o

I am booked on LOS in the superior balcony room. I was just wondering if it is worth the extra $500 for a JS? I see that it is alot more room but not to much else. Is there extra closet space or something. This is my first RCCL trip and I wanted it to be kind of special since I am not sure when I will be able to go on a 7 day cruise again. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks so much. :o:o

Not sure if it is worth $500, but with the JS you get a walk in closet with LOTS of space, a larger bathroom with a bathtub instead of the shower tube, bathrobes for use in the cabin, priority embarkation and 2 cruise credits on a 7 day instead of 1. I had one once and while it was great for me its not worth that much, I only paid about $100 more and that was ok but I wouldn't go much more than that. Of course, if you are looking for something special, you need to decide for yourself if that meets your needs.

While it has suite in the name, it is not included in the suite perks.

I think there is a world of difference between a balcony room and the JS. If you are someone who just "showers & sleeps" in you cabin the $$ prob is not worth it. I love to read on my balcony which is bigger. And I enjoy my cabin and having pre-dinner drinks with friends. The JS has a "living area" like a regular hotel room so you can easily enjoy time with friends. I really love my JS's and would book it for an extra $500.

I am wondering if maybe I should wait till it's almost time and see if the price goes down. I would really like to stay in a JS. And the walk in closet sounds really good but no perks kind of sucks. I think the excitment of the cruise is going away because I am always thinking about the $$ and trying to plan a perfect vacation. If I upgrade will I get this coupon book people talk about or is that just for Diamond plus members? Thanks again

The balcony is what I am after, not the cabin.

I am the opposite of the majority of posts. I love a balcony cabin and book one for most all our 7 night or longer sailings, but do not necessarily need a Jr. Suite. I find an E or D balcony cabin to be plenty for the 2 of us. I do not use the tub and find I have plenty of closet and storage space in the standard balcony cabin. I’ve booked the aft balcony cabin on many sailings , which gives us an extra large balcony.

Only you can determine if you can afford the extra money. If money is not an issue, then by all means get the nicest cabin you can.

M

I hope it is worth it!:)

I think we paid about $300 pp extra for the JS over a superior balcony room. But the cabin is larger as is the balcony, so that made it seem worthwhile. And while the cabin does not have the regular suite perks, as was mentioned, you do get 2 credits for the cruise with it. The size and credits made it a no brainer for us. We are not cruisers who spend little time in the cabin. We enjoy the balcony and cabin quietness and are there quite a bit for cruises.

I have watched the price of our cruise for 3 months (it sails in 2) and they have yet to come down in price. Well the grand suite has not come down yet (I really want one of those!), but the JS went up $150.

Well I can afford the $500 ($250 per person) I just will not book one of the excursions. I just never been on LOS or any RCCL ship. I like the fact that you get 2 credits but who knows when I will cruise again. My boyfriend never cruised before so he is not really excited about the trip like I am (kind of pisses me off) so he could care less about the room or balcony. So I just want this time to be relaxing. I think I will just wait. I only have 1 month and a couple weeks left so I really would like it to go down in price.

When cruising JUST for my wife and myself, we're very happy with a standard balcony stateroom. When we include our daughter -- now 4 years old -- the extra room in the JS is invaluable, and we gladly pay any reasonable difference in fare for the upgrade.

Michael

Would that be the Legend of the Seas or the Liberty of the Seas?

Well I can afford the $500 ($250 per person) I just will not book one of the excursions. I just never been on LOS or any RCCL ship. I like the fact that you get 2 credits but who knows when I will cruise again. My boyfriend never cruised before so he is not really excited about the trip like I am (kind of pisses me off) so he could care less about the room or balcony. So I just want this time to be relaxing. I think I will just wait. I only have 1 month and a couple weeks left so I really would like it to go down in price.

Don't worry, my kids and I are the cruise lovers in my house. My DH goes along to make us happy. Once on board, however, he has a great time. There is so much for your BF to do he will be happy in the long run. Just keep coming here and chat with all of us, we understand your excitement.

As far as the JS vs the balcony, sounds like you will be fine where you are. The is so much to do on Liberty you really won't be in your cabin that much anyway. We do enjoy the balcony (and will not cruise without one any more). It is so nice to have coffee out there in the morning, drinks in the evening, or just watch the water go by during the day. Of course, we started in inside cabins and worked our way up quite quickly, now we can't go back :eek:. See, another reason not to do a JS, if you do one now you'll expect it next time.

I am wondering if maybe I should wait till it's almost time and see if the price goes down. I would really like to stay in a JS. And the walk in closet sounds really good but no perks kind of sucks. I think the excitment of the cruise is going away because I am always thinking about the $$ and trying to plan a perfect vacation. If I upgrade will I get this coupon book people talk about or is that just for Diamond plus members? Thanks again

The coupon books are given out by C&A and the type of book you receive depends on what tier you are.

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

• Silver SeaPass® card for recognition

Would that be the Legend of the Seas or the Liberty of the Seas?

The countdown clock in the OP's signature says Liberty.

I never had a regular balcony but on our last cruise on "Explorer" we just were not impressed with the junior suite. The bathroom wasn't big in any way and just felt it was not worth it. We should of went with a regular balcony. On our first RCCL cruise last October to NE/Canada we had a Grand suite and it was WAY worth it. What a beautiful room with a huge bathroom. Next time we go we know to skip the junior suite no matter if we go down to a regular balcony or up to a grand suite. Junior suite to me is just not worth it. JC

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm so glad I asked first instead of just going for it. I think I will save that $500 (still hoping that the price will drop) and book the zip line in labadee. Sometimes just planning the trip can be stressfull. So thanks everyone for bringing my stress level down. Now if I can just figure out transportation to my hotel in Miami that would be great. I guess I better go to the other board and see what other people are doing for transportation. Thanks again. You all are GREAT!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'm so glad I asked first instead of just going for it. I think I will save that $500 (still hoping that the price will drop) and book the zip line in labadee. Sometimes just planning the trip can be stressfull. So thanks everyone for bringing my stress level down. Now if I can just figure out transportation to my hotel in Miami that would be great. I guess I better go to the other board and see what other people are doing for transportation. Thanks again. You all are GREAT!

funny i have been having this same talk with my hubby. we are also going to wait to see if they go down. 500.00 is alot of money.

transportion try http://www.ridesas.com/

we are using them. everyone said they were good.

Archived