Eagle Beach, Palm Beach or Other??

snowcat

• 1 month later...
Which beach has the Best restaurant food?

Which beach has the Best drink prices?

Which beach has the Best beer prices?

Which beach has the Best shade?

Thnx!! :)

palm beach vs eagle beach

Which beach has the Best snorkeling?
Where's the best snorkeling beach in Aruba?

I would think this might be a touchy subject, but the last two times I was at Palm Beach, I found that the bottom was rather slimy to stand on - the only way I can describe it. Does anyone know what that is or why it's like that? The beach is so perfectly beautiful otherwise. We're returning in March, and may try Eagle Beach this time.

• 2 weeks later...
That price is A LOT less than what you will pay for chair and umbrella at Palm Beach.

I think we'll try Eagle Beach too.

As for the person looking for something to keep their valuable safe...the plastic containers sold on the ships and beach type stores, don't seem to last. Try going to a sporting goods store. They have some good alternatives that will keep everything safe and dry.

Hi, do we need to buy a resort day pass in Palm Beach? If not, how much is the cost of renting a couple chairs and an umbrella? Thx!

Hi, do we need to buy a resort day pass in Palm Beach? If not, how much is the cost of renting a couple chairs and an umbrella? Thx!

No you do not have to buy a day pass.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=904927

ahoy!

hope you don't mind my 2cents!

-The red barge/boat in the photo is the former shuttle boat - formerly used to shuttle guests from MooMba Beach to the Jolly Pirates ships. Nowadays guests board right from the pier.

-The yellow lounge chairs at MooMba Beach can be used- FREE of charge :0

-No entrance fee at MooMba

-MooMba is a very short distance from the Holiday Inn and the Marriott Resorts- easy - peasy walk

-The closest bus stop to MooMba is at Holiday Inn

http://moombabeach.com/component/

Have Fun!

There are other vendors up and down the beach who rent chaises and umbrellas. I do not know what the current pricing is.

Arubalisa,

Let me start by saying you're a wealth of knowledge.

Some advice please......We're a family of 4 aussies (Sydney siders - with 2 teenage kids boy whose 18 and girl 16) and we're looking to plan a half day in Aruba on Sat 18 Dec (the ship is in dock from 7am to 12:30).

The kids have seen an ATV tour thing with Kini Kini tours - I must say it looks quite adventurous!! The other option is to do the beach thing - with some motor watersports - it looks like Palm beach maybe the go.

Your suggestions please?

Do you recommend one of those resort day passes for the short time we'll be at the beach?

Cheers

Michael

Arubalisa,

Let me start by saying you're a wealth of knowledge.

Some advice please......We're a family of 4 aussies (Sydney siders - with 2 teenage kids boy whose 18 and girl 16) and we're looking to plan a half day in Aruba on Sat 18 Dec (the ship is in dock from 7am to 12:30).

The kids have seen an ATV tour thing with Kini Kini tours - I must say it looks quite adventurous!! The other option is to do the beach thing - with some motor watersports - it looks like Palm beach maybe the go.

Your suggestions please?

Do you recommend one of those resort day passes for the short time we'll be at the beach?

Cheers

Michael

Thank you for your kind words Michael. :) I cannot remember if our ATV tour was 3 or 4 hours, but either way, I am thinking you would be cutting your time short trying to get back to the ship. Sunrise is at 6:55 a.m.

Palm Beach has beautiful waters and plenty of activities so I think the kids would be pretty satisfied hanging out at the beach there, maybe take a parasail, or rent jetskis or banana boat ride.

As to the day pass, for only half day, imo the expense would not be worth it. If you do not care much about having shade or are going to be one of the first arrivals and able to get some shade under the trees, you can head to MoomBa.

Otherwise, I would take a taxi to De Palm Pier. As you walk out onto the beach towards the pier, there on the right hand side there are two vendors. I would work out a deal with one of them since you will not be there the entire day.

To maximize your beach time, take a taxi back to the ship. It will be $11 USD for the four of you. When you are ready to leave to go back to the ship, walk back towards the street through the property of the Radisson and out of their lobby. There should be taxis waiting there. If not a bellman will call one for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Dumb question of the day.....howo do we know where to get off the bus? Does the driver announce stops or can we tell him where we want to get off?? Thanks.

Not a dumb question! I was going to ask the same, but in 2 parts; second part being "Where do we get on the bus and how do we know which bus to take?" Are there specific routes? Are the bus stops right where the ship docks? Please help!

Not a dumb question! I was going to ask the same, but in 2 parts; second part being "Where do we get on the bus and how do we know which bus to take?" Are there specific routes? Are the bus stops right where the ship docks? Please help!

:o Sorry I did not see this earlier. :o

The bus terminal is a short two blocks from the cruise terminal. Anyone there at the terminal can point you in the right direction. The #10 bus goes to both Eagle and Palm Beach, basically the resort hotel areas and then on down to Arashi beach and turns around there. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.5205368&lon=-70.0405562&z=17&l=0&m=b

My wife and I used the facilities at Amsterdam Manor on our recent cruise. We took the Number 10 public bus for $2.30 each round trip and paid $10 each for beach chair, towel and umbrella. The surf was decent and the facilities clean and well cared for. There was food and bar service available, but we did not buy anything. Jet skis were available for rent. All in all it was a bargain and a great location. The bus terminal is a short walk from the pier and they accept US$ cash fare. Ask for a return ticket when you board.

Wesley :rolleyes:

My wife and I used the facilities at Amsterdam Manor on our recent cruise. We took the Number 10 public bus for $2.30 each round trip and paid $10 each for beach chair, towel and umbrella. The surf was decent and the facilities clean and well cared for. There was food and bar service available, but we did not buy anything. Jet skis were available for rent. All in all it was a bargain and a great location. The bus terminal is a short walk from the pier and they accept US$ cash fare. Ask for a return ticket when you board.

Wesley :rolleyes:

Did you contact them ahead of time to get a day pass or ask if there was availability? We plan to go there on our upcoming cruise. I have made a note to myself to contact them ahead of time just to verify available space and that we are able to use this area. I was just curious if you did that or if it is even needed.

Did you contact them ahead of time to get a day pass or ask if there was availability? We plan to go there on our upcoming cruise. I have made a note to myself to contact them ahead of time just to verify available space and that we are able to use this area. I was just curious if you did that or if it is even needed.

I would contact them in advance; depending on capacity, they don't always sell day passes.

Hi everyone! Thanks already for sharing so much info!

My question is, do any of the beaches have a shower for use? Nothing fancy, just fresh water to rinse off with? I ask because my skin is really sensitive to salt water and I have to rinse off pretty quickly or else I won't really go in the water and have skin irritation the rest of the day. Thanks!

Hi everyone! Thanks already for sharing so much info!

My question is, do any of the beaches have a shower for use? Nothing fancy, just fresh water to rinse off with? I ask because my skin is really sensitive to salt water and I have to rinse off pretty quickly or else I won't really go in the water and have skin irritation the rest of the day. Thanks!

I know all of the resorts along Palm Beach have rinse showers between the beach and the beachside pool areas.

I sent an e-mail in advance, and was told we could just show up and walk on the beach. The beach is across the road from the hotel. A staff member will greet you on the beach and collect your $10 per person in cash dollars. I never went over to the hotel side.

Wesley

I did contact them and this was the response:

"Thank you for your e-mail, indeed you can rent beach chair, towel for $10,- per person per day.

No need to make reservation in advance just come to the Eagle Beach in front of Amsterdam Manor.

We have a beach bar for any food & beverage.

Looking forward to welcome you at Amsterdam Manor."

can u use the hotel pool and restaurant when renting the chairs?

We were just at the Amsterdam and paid $10.00 per person. We were told it included beach chair, towel, bathrooms, outdoor shower, and the use of the pool across the road.

this is a nice looking beach

anyone knows it?

Thank you in advance

That is Manchebo beach. Unfortunately due to the stormy fall weather the beach is no longer that wide but it is still a beautiful stretch of beach.

You can see a portion of the beach at http://www.aruba-manchebo.com/webcam/netcam.jpg

netcam.jpg.8a2781e3a88cad8dbd6399c9e927b03b.jpg

As stated by Lisa, some of the beaches were eroded a little by a few passing storms, but they're still very nice. You'll find more amenities on Palm Beach, such as jet ski, boat, and other rentals. There are a number of nice bars along the beach where you can pay cash and it doesn't matter if you're at a particular resort.

Here's a current photo 11 December 2010 of Palm Beach conditions:

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2010/12/11/palm-beach-panorama-aruba/

...and here's a link to a video of the bars:

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2009/09/20/beach-and-pool-bars-aruba/

Bon dia and enjoy your stop in Aruba.

Archived