Top 10 money saving tips

Jo and Rob

Now we are booked on the Serena we are going to be trying Costa for the first time so I would love to know any hints and tips you may have for saving money. (Don't worry if you don't have 10 - any would be helpful!)

The x1 and x2 drinks packages seem too far expensive. We don't tend to drink alcohol when we are out so would be interested in non-alcoholic options. The one I am looking at is the girlsnboys vouchers that can be shared in the family (40 euros for 20 vouchers for non-alcoholic drinks including frozen)

I am especially interested in free icecream, free drinks, free onboard activities (you get the idea!) and yes before the inevitable post I know these are complimentary and not free. ;)

boys and girls package is a vey good value, especially when you get the frozen drinks - i loved the kiwicolada.

book your own excursions, whenever possible. costa's are $$$

cappucinos are free at breakfast both from room service and in the MDR

boys and girls package is a vey good value, especially when you get the frozen drinks - i loved the kiwicolada.

book your own excursions, whenever possible. costa's are $$$

cappucinos are free at breakfast both from room service and in the MDR

Thank you CtheW0rld, DH will definitely take advantage of the cappucino at breakfast.

I agree with the DIY excursions. When we went in Feb we did all of our excursions except for Israel and Egypt. I didn't want to mess with those. LOL! I booked with Costa.( Or as our joke was Costa'lot of money!)

1. I know everything says you can't bring drinks onboard but we did bring on some bottled water and diet cokes when we boarded and in a few ports.

2. There are ice cream machines up and running at lunch.

3. I honestly didn't do a lot on the ship!! LOL! I've noticed the more I cruise the less I do! It was FREEZING cold on our trip so we didn't do any on deck activities. The pool was great because it was enclosed. DD could swim during the afternoon. We only had two days at sea so we really didn't do much on the ship. The evening shows were ok. I was usually exhausted by the time dinner was over and just wanted to crash!

Good luck!

I don't know if I'm allowed to post this BUT someone on the family board has a post looking for you!

Archived