Room service on Costa

Jo and Rob

I understand that it is free at breakfast and then there is a two euro service charge. Can you get complimentary coffee and tea during the day from room service or do you have to pay extra for that as well? I'm not talking about premium coffees just a normal cup of coffee.

Also, does anyone have a copy of the room service menu? If not can you remember what was on it?

Hi Jo and Rob

I don't know which ship you're sailing on, but on the Allegra there were tea and coffee making facilities in each cabin, even the inside cabins (which DH and I were in). Cups, saucers, teaspoons, a kettle, tea bags, coffee sachets, sugar sachets and powdered milk sachets. What DH and I did was whenever we went to the buffet we each grabbed a handful of the little "buckets" of long life milk and took them back to our cabin and put them in the fridge. Or if you prefer the "fresh" milk, you could take a mugful back with you.

There are also machines available in the buffet for all day coffee and tea.

Whatever you do, enjoy!

We were on the Allegra in May this year, and the tea and coffee making facilities had been removed from all cabins. Other than with breakfast, it was not possible to get tea or coffee delivered to the cabin without paying the service fee of two euros.

Someone mentioned that it was possible to get hot water from your cabin steward, and to help yourself to the coffee and tea sachets from the buffet, but this all seemed too hard.

The tea and coffee machine is still available all day in the buffet - the coffee is pretty awful, but it is complimentary.

We were on the Allegra in May this year, and the tea and coffee making facilities had been removed from all cabins. Other than with breakfast, it was not possible to get tea or coffee delivered to the cabin without paying the service fee of two euros.

Someone mentioned that it was possible to get hot water from your cabin steward, and to help yourself to the coffee and tea sachets from the buffet, but this all seemed too hard.

The tea and coffee machine is still available all day in the buffet - the coffee is pretty awful, but it is complimentary.

I understand I will have to pay two euros service charge but will the coffee then be free during the day?

Sorry, I didn't make that very clear. As I understand it, you'd still have to pay for the coffee.

But I can go to the buffet then and get free coffee, so that is good. Any ideas about what food is on the room service menu?

Sorry, the room service menu is part of the folder that is in the cabin, and I didn't think to souvenir it!

From memory, it was a bit of everything - nothing special, the type of "international" menu you'd find in the room of any 3.5/4 star hotel anywhere in the world.

We never considered ordering room service, as we really enjoyed the dining room experience. Also, and I note you're on a different ship, the dining facilities "in room" weren't great - just a bench with one seat. The other person would have had to balance a tray while sitting on the bed!

Archived