Aft Balcony on Liberty of the seas?

Hey Redskins, not sure about that particular cabin but we had 9407 aft April 2009 and it was awesome...most times we didn't know we were on a ship it was that smooth...no vibrations...just a really nice gentle rocking when you went to sleep...

On deck 6 of either the Freedom class ships or the Voyager class ships, you will have the metal superstructure as part of your view. Each individual will decide whether that obstructs the view of the ocean or if it's merely part of your view (to remind you that you are on a ship after all). In many people's opinions the size of the balcony you get on the aft outweighs all other possibile disadvantages!

I've been aft on Adventure and Serenade so far and the only extra vibrations/noises I've encountered were in the mornings, coming into a port. There's a low hum and occasional thump. To me, it was my alarm clock telling me it was time to get up and go on the balcony to see what I could see!

Going to be aft on Liberty about a month after you, Redskins!

Hello,

I just had a quick question. I have booked a balcony room #6686 on liberty of the seas and was wodering if it is an obstructed view? Does the Aft area feel the vibrations of the boat more since it is in the back? Just wondering if I should switch to a forward room. Thanks:)

Vibration will not be an issue normally. You may feel some while docking or when the ship turns sharply.

You will have superstructure to look through. If you can move up the higher the better.

Here are pictures from 6710. notice the large grey area you have to look across

http://www.*****/view_room.php?r_id=45670

Vibration will not be an issue normally. You may feel some while docking or when the ship turns sharply.

You will have superstructure to look through. If you can move up the higher the better.

Here are pictures from 6710. notice the large grey area you have to look across

http://www.*****/view_room.php?r_id=45670

Wow! thanks! I think I do want to move now. I do not like the way that looks. I might call them and see how much to move up. Or maybe I should move to a forward room. I dont want the obstuction. I understand the balcony is bigger but I think I would rather change to a different location. :rolleyes:

I think there is a little confusion here. 6686 is a port side cabin toward the aft, but not really one of the "aft cabins" on deck 6. As such, there is no superstructure blocking the view. The pictures are from 6710 which is actually an aft cabin.

I think there is a little confusion here. 6686 is a port side cabin toward the aft, but not really one of the "aft cabins" on deck 6. As such, there is no superstructure blocking the view. The pictures are from 6710 which is actually an aft cabin.

Oh ok.... Glad I did not change my room then.:D See on the reservation is says aft so that is why I wanted to ask around. Thanks eveyone for the feedback.

It can sometimes be confusing if you don't check the deckplans..too bad they don't have another name for the really aft cabins like "aft wakes"..Keep the side aft that you have ..you won't be sorry as it's really nice and quiet back there..And when you have a chance book an aft wake cabin, those on the upper floors are awesome..Enjoy...:)

Archived