Is Peggy Cove worth going to?

cet84

WOW! People are very divided on this topic but I believe the poster who narrowed it down to history or scenery helped me more than anyone else. I'm opting for scenery so I am doing the Peggy's Cove & Titanic excursion that the OP mentioned.

I really appreciate the time everyone takes to share here :)

WOW! People are very divided on this topic but I believe the poster who narrowed it down to history or scenery helped me more than anyone else. I'm opting for scenery so I am doing the Peggy's Cove & Titanic excursion that the OP mentioned.

I really appreciate the time everyone takes to share here :)

I suspect that most cruise passengers are interested in seeing the scenery and sights, with the history buffs in the minority. That is probably where the divide is. I took a look at the roll call for this sailing and two people that I remember, mentioned history. One was very interested in Halifax and the British / Canadian history that is there and the other was hot to trot for Boston and the American history in that city and area. Halifax and its history would probably only connect with a minority of the visitors who in this case are Americans, except the Titanic which would connect with everybody. Therefore the unique scenery is predictably of greater interest. Some of the debate was if one could do both in the same day, the answer is of course yes but I truly believe that both interests are compromised, see the post by Trainfan. IMHO this is normal for a cruise visit to any city, including the lady ( History teacher ) that was very interested in the history in Boston etc. I mentioned in my earlier posts that I favour history so Halifax would get my attention at the expense of Peggy's Cove etc. For those heading for Peggy's Cove etc, the entire area is a special place, as long as the fog stays out to sea, you will have a great time, enjoy Nova Scotia, you will probably want to return. The same goes for your stop in Saint John NB (a city I have lived in ). A historic city with a shipping history and heavily impacted by the War of Independence and American refugees :D ( United Empire Loyalists ), also a city connected to great Bay of Fundy scenery at St. Martins and St. Andrews-By-the-Sea etc.

Have a great cruise folks, what ever you choose will be right, glad you can visit and enjoy a very beautiful part of Canada.

CET84 and Castawaygal, not sure if you both are on the Aug 12 EOS sailing ( That is the ship in Halifax on the 17th of Aug ). CET84 I believe you are. Are either of you aware of the roll call for that sailing?

If you are interested, here is the link. Up to you, but you might like to make yourselves known and meet other CC member on that sailing at the Meet and Mingle.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1136394

Archived