Confused, insurance for none flight trip???

Sarah@Sea

I never realized what all trip insurance could cover. I figured since we live in Miami and drive to the port and our health coverage includes international, we'd be o.k. Well after reading the boards I decided we need to get coverage "just in case". Well I was just on insuremytrip and I selected a plan and went through the payment process, then it alerted me that I could NOT buy that plan since I wasn't on a scheduled flight. Huh? What? I tried to chat with someone from insuremytrip, but no one was available, which it being a Friday evening I completely understand. Just totally confused.

I never realized what all trip insurance could cover. I figured since we live in Miami and drive to the port and our health coverage includes international, we'd be o.k. Well after reading the boards I decided we need to get coverage "just in case". Well I was just on insuremytrip and I selected a plan and went through the payment process, then it alerted me that I could NOT buy that plan since I wasn't on a scheduled flight. Huh? What? I tried to chat with someone from insuremytrip, but no one was available, which it being a Friday evening I completely understand. Just totally confused.

It doesn't matter whether or not you are on a flight. You can just insure the cruise.

If you find a policy you like rather than ordering it through insuremytrip.com

you can just google the name of the insurance company, go to their web site and then call them. They may be open tomorrow (Saturday) and if not just call them on Monday.

Keith

Keith

In the purchase process you must select a choice from the drop down menu when asked for the name of your airline. If you do nothing and skip that field you'll get an error message. In your case you would want to select "none".

In the purchase process you must select a choice from the drop down menu when asked for the name of your airline. If you do nothing and skip that field you'll get an error message. In your case you would want to select "none".

I remember those questions...it was airline, travel agent (tour group), then cruise line...I thought I had selected none...but I'll go back and try again...thank you.

Archived