oasis question

Looking at booking the Oasis, I viewed the videos on the RCCL website and it looked like every public place was packed...wall to wall people. I want to have a nice time and not be packed in like sardines. I know it is a huge ship, so I was very surprised seeing wall to wall people on the video.

Can someone tell me if it is packed like this all the time?

Thanks!:confused:

Looking at booking the Oasis, I viewed the videos on the RCCL website and it looked like every public place was packed...wall to wall people. I want to have a nice time and not be packed in like sardines. I know it is a huge ship, so I was very surprised seeing wall to wall people on the video.

I just came off the Oasis last Saturday.

Please take a look a the 2 threads attached to my signature under the 7/17 cruise.....they may help, especially The LIVE thread. I have stated this many times, but I kept wondering where everyone was...especially during the torrential rain storms that we had and on sea days. It never ever seemed crowded. Don't hesitate for a second!! Book that Oasis cruise!!!:D

I never saw it packed--ever, anywhere. Well, except the Windjammer on embarkation day. The ship is so huge and there's so much to do that I'd be surprised if you felt packed in.

We had reservations about taking Oasis and cruising with 6000 of our closest friends for the same reason that you voice - being crowded to the point of distraction. I can honestly say that we never felt like the ship was crowded. There are so many places for people to spread out. We actually felt less crowded than on some of the smaller ships with fewer passengers. We've sailed on every class of ship that RCCL has - starting with Song of Norway 25 years ago, and the Oasis is a marvel. It's really not a ship - it's a floating resort. IMO everyone should try it at least one time. You don't feel like you're on a ship because there's not much glass area like on the Radiance class ships, and we do like our views of the water from the lounges, etc. But we would sail Oasis again for sure. It was fantastic!

I have to admit, I was skeptical about all the people saying it doesn't seem crowded--but I was on the July 17 sailing as well and there were over 6200 passengers! You probably saw the webcam of the promenade during parades or the 70s night. We went to the 70s night and somehow ended up right in the middle of the crowd--that was a little much for me and we did manage to sneak out of there. But other than that--it was truly amazing--it really was not a problem. The pools on the last sea day were crowded--to be expected (especially since the first part of our week was not the greatest weather for sunning!) But there are plenty of lounge chairs--maybe not right next to the pools but they were not far. I think it helped that we made reservations for all the shows in advance, too. I did see some lines of people outside the shows waiting. It was so nice just to walk up, show your seapass and walk right in. I didn't even see much of a line for the zipline. I went once but could have gone more times if I wanted. Don't worry--you will have a blast! This is the only ship I have ever gotten off of and said I want to go back on the same one!!!

Archived