Equinox:2B-Deluxe Balcony Stateroom > C1-Concierge Class Balcony Stateroom

MedCruise2010

We are currently booked in a Category 2B room near the elevators on the Celebrity Equinox.

Due to some scheduling conflicts we have been offered a change to a C1-Concierge Class on the 10th floor but facing the front of the Boat.

What are the main differences between 2B and C1

Any opinions on being on the forward facing side of the boat?

I do not believe there are any C1's facing the front of the ship on Equinox. The C1's on deck 10 (Sky Deck) are all mid-ship to near mid-ship (with the exception of two near the very back of the ship that are classified as C1's due to larger than normal balcony). If by forward facing, you mean it is on the hump portion that slants towards the front (but the room itself is near mid-ship) then that is a great room. The balcony is significantly larger than normal. Only negative would be you may experience a bit more wind on the balcony than balconies in other locations.

The main difference between C1 and 2B is the perks; the room itself is the same. With C1 you receive some extra perks such as bottle of sparkling wine waiting in your stateroom at arrival, expanded room service menu, better toiletries/bedding/towels etc, foot stool for your balacony chairs, extra credit towards Captain's Club (loyalty program), afternoon canapes, fruit basket in room and a couple other perks.

Hi-- take a look at the deck plans (I haven't been on this ship) but on all ships, the MDR and buffet are always in the rear (AFT) and usually the pools also. If walking is not a problem for you then absolutely switch but if you have any walking difficulties as I do, you want to be mid-ship or a little aft but never forward. Also, check what will be above you and below you to make sure there is nothing noisy to disturb you. The benefits you get with Concierge class may not be worth it.

Thank you for the feedback. So I have done a bit more searching on the site and found some great information.

And yes - the room does face the aft of the boat not the front on the 10th floor/Sky Deck (Not really sure why I typed that!)

The is also an AquaClass room available but the sailing is a charter and I am told that the constant music/entertainment all day and night will be a negative for the AquaClass floor. Any opinion on AQ vs. C1?

So it appears in general we made a good decision in changing the room?

Thank you for the feedback. So I have done a bit more searching on the site and found some great information.

And yes - the room does face the aft of the boat not the front on the 10th floor/Sky Deck (Not really sure why I typed that!)

The is also an AquaClass room available but the sailing is a charter and I am told that the constant music/entertainment all day and night will be a negative for the AquaClass floor. Any opinion on AQ vs. C1?

So it appears in general we made a good decision in changing the room?

There are aft AQ class rooms that are under other cabins and should not get noise from the pools and bars located on the deck above, but forward.

If the price is similar between AQ and C1, definitely go with the AQ. With Aqua Class you receive all the perks of Concierge Class, plus some really nice extra ones. You are able to have breakfast and dinner at Blu which most people find to be a step up from the main dining room. You receive free bottled water and flavored tea in your room daily. You receive free use of the Persian Gardens (spa area with steam room, sauna and heated ceramic lounge chairs). You have massaging jets in your shower and a few other perks. I wouldn't mind dealing with some extra noise in exchange for the extra perks.

This may or may not affect your decision. The C1 balconies on Deck 10 are completely open - no shade or privacy from above. I was not aware of this when I booked, but learned on these boards. Luckily I was able to change to deck 12 where there is an overhang to give some protection from the sun (or, heaven forbid, rain). Some people love sunshine, but I am not one of them.

Sheila

This may or may not affect your decision. The C1 balconies on Deck 10 are completely open - no shade or privacy from above. I was not aware of this when I booked, but learned on these boards. Luckily I was able to change to deck 12 where there is an overhang to give some protection from the sun (or, heaven forbid, rain). Some people love sunshine, but I am not one of them.

Sheila

Is this the same on Eclipse too? I'd rather have a covered balcony.

I do not believe there are any C1's facing the front of the ship on Equinox. The C1's on deck 10 (Sky Deck) are all mid-ship to near mid-ship (with the exception of two near the very back of the ship that are classified as C1's due to larger than normal balcony). If by forward facing, you mean it is on the hump portion that slants towards the front (but the room itself is near mid-ship) then that is a great room. The balcony is significantly larger than normal. Only negative would be you may experience a bit more wind on the balcony than balconies in other locations.

The main difference between C1 and 2B is the perks; the room itself is the same. With C1 you receive some extra perks such as bottle of sparkling wine waiting in your stateroom at arrival, expanded room service menu, better toiletries/bedding/towels etc, foot stool for your balacony chairs, extra credit towards Captain's Club (loyalty program), afternoon canapes, fruit basket in room and a couple other perks.

HI Gonzo"

Aren't all the C1's on the S-class ships aft-facing cabins?

HI Gonzo"

Aren't all the C1's on the S-class ships aft-facing cabins?

Yes, you are right; I was mistakenly thinking of C2's in my prior post - I have trouble seeing different shades of the same color and mixed up the colors of C1 and C2 on the deck plan. Thanks for catching my mistake.

Any feedback on the products provided?

Also - I understand that Celebrity allows two bottles of wine brought on on board per stateroom. Do they keep a record of how many are brought on per stateroom? For example - If I take two on board and my roommate were to bring two would this be noticed?

Sheila

What about C3 balconies?

Archived