New Orleans Hotel / Cruise Packages .... my list

Kajunswty

as that's where we stayed last time. The guy who answered didn't think they offered park and cruise but he went to check. It's basically a one-time charge of $50 to park for the duration of the cruise. I think it added up to a little less when we went in January 2010, but still a decent deal and they were nice and the hotel was comfortable and had great ameneties.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the Hotel New Orleans in front of the convention center and loved it. Great hotel and a short walk to the port which is behind the convention center and a not to bad walk to the French Quarter and you also have the Riverwalk with some nice shops. They have a cruise package and for what i spent parking my car for seven days and hotel compaired to parking at the port the hotel was 45.00.

They have a nice breakfast and nice rooms and a block from Mulates if you want some great food and music. The parking is fenced in area but had no problems with my car there seven days since its a tricked out Scion. I will stay there again next year when cruise on the Conquest.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great info!!!! I was starting to spend too much time on this, and then found your post. I've not decided yet, but this is a great place to start! Have a great trip!!!!

--Jill

2/3/12 - Voyager of the Seas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saving for info. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this research and share it with the rest of us!! We are still 371 days out...so we have plenty of time to decide and actually I can't find a hotel that will let me book this far in advance, LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
Saving for info. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this research and share it with the rest of us!! We are still 371 days out...so we have plenty of time to decide and actually I can't find a hotel that will let me book this far in advance, LOL!

I found Comfort Inn and Suites in Gretna, LA (3 miles away across bridge) for $129 for four. Free parking for stay+7 nights, free shuttle to and from port for all guests, pool, hot breakfast, and two drink vouchers (to be used at their bar, I guess.) It's a great deal plus they won't give away your room unless you don't arrive by 7am the next morning! They told me parking is under surveillance cameras. Double beds or king.

Also found Holiday Inn West Bank Tower, Gretna, LA for $124 but does not include shuttle, same area. Parking included, pool, hot breakfast. Queens or king.

Both are reserving for early March now so they should be available for you soon.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!:)

I found Comfort Inn and Suites in Gretna, LA (3 miles away across bridge) for $129 for four. Free parking for stay+7 nights, free shuttle to and from port for all guests, pool, hot breakfast, and two drink vouchers (to be used at their bar, I guess.) It's a great deal plus they won't give away your room unless you don't arrive by 7am the next morning! They told me parking is under surveillance cameras. Double beds or king.

Also found Holiday Inn West Bank Tower, Gretna, LA for $124 but does not include shuttle, same area. Parking included, pool, hot breakfast. Queens or king.

Both are reserving for early March now so they should be available for you soon.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!:)

Thank you so much for this information!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for!!!!

Alana

Thank you so much for this information!!!!! Exactly what I was looking for!!!!

Alana

Glad I could help! BTW, I found out the shuttle is a free ride to the ferry with a free ferry ride to the canal street ferry terminal. It looks about a block walk to cruise terminal from the ferry, just so you're aware.

Enjoy!

We stayed at Holiday Inn Superdome over St Patricks weekend. Had three rooms, parked three cars for free for the week. Not sure why someone said they wouldn't recommend it to friends and family. We had a large group so felt safe walking to dinner, french quarter etc. We ate the first night at a sports bar which was close by. Can't remember the name of it right now. Walked to Mother's the next morning for breakfast. Walked to French Quarter. The only time we felt a little creepy was about 6:30 pm when we turned the other direction out of the hotel to go the the Walgreens. There were a lot of men hanging out on the corner - not sure if they were homeless or just waiting for a bus. Again we made sure we were always in a group.

We also actually walked back to the hotel from the Garden Disctrict after the Irish Channel Parade becasue the buses and street cars were not up and running again after the parade. Stopped in at Mia's for a meal on the way home. They had great food.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived