12/19/10 on the Jewel - any special Xmas events?

PhilipHF

Anyone been on a previous holiday cruise? I will be on the Jewel for the 12/19/10 cruise to The Bahamas with my family of 8. (6 adults, 2 teens) Can you tell me what to expect as far as any special events for Christmas Eve and Day?

Anyone been on a previous holiday cruise? I will be on the Jewel for the 12/19/10 cruise to The Bahamas with my family of 8. (6 adults, 2 teens) Can you tell me what to expect as far as any special events for Christmas Eve and Day?

We were on the GEM last Christmas. The ship was decorated with several gingerbread houses around the ship, and a tree in the Atrium, There was a reading of the Night Before Christmas in the Atrium area on Christmas Eve, and some sort of holiday movie was played. Christmas Day Santa and his elves were set up in the Atrium with gifts for all passengers under 18.

That's all that stands out in my mind. :)

There is usually some sort of Christmas Carol program in the theatre also. The ship's are decorated for the holiday and the trees are beautiful. Good day to plan a dinner in one of the specialty restaurants! to make it a special day!

we were on the Majesty for Christmas 2008. I remember being happily surprised by the gingerbread houses and the heaps of Christmas cookies (shortbread) that were replenished often. Some Christmas decorations and an impromptu guest led Christmas service on Christmas morning. I dont recall anything else being done by NCL though.

deb

Archived