Eye cream

tradogna

There are a couple that I love. I have listed them in order of quality and price (most expensive & best, to least expensive & Good). If you have a sephora near by, they offer samples of the bottom two. Norstroms will offer a sample of the first one.

La Prairie cellular eye contour cream

Fresh restore and repair eye cream

Caudalie eye gel

I've tried Clinque Ant-gravity eye cream, Clinque Avanced stop signs neither of which I think work. I have Benefit Oh La Eye Liftm it works,---for 10 minutes. I tried a Lancome one I can't remember the name of. Everything gives temporary help only, I'm afraid.

Oh my gosh, here is something I know about (or dont know about as you will soon read)! I have bags all the time. I tried everything over the years even the very expensive stuff in the ship's salons. Here is what I have leftover in my cabinet right now...all things that seemed to work for a little while and then NOTHING:

La Therapie's Masque Pour Les Yeux

Elemis Absolut Eye Mask

Mary Kay soothing eye mask

Elemis Gel Intensive Yeux

Clinique

In my refrigerator I have cucumber things that do not work either!

I even went to my doctor to see if I was sick or something. No, I was healthy.

I thought about trying Preparation H but have not been able to get beyond just thinking about it!

I thought about cosmetic surgery until I watched those shows on the discovery channel and actually saw an eye lift. Yikes, I will take the bags!

This past Saturday I thought about trying the over-the-counter stuff. So, I bought some L'Oreal Revitalift Eye Cream and I have NO BAGS or puffiness all this week! So, I hope that this will last longer than all the above listed items, especially since it was the least expensive!

I have my own answers why I have the bags along with a few new wrinkles in my face every week (something to do with Mr. Wolfe and Mr. Morris).

Good luck in your search!

Coka

Thanks guys for all your answers. I have even tryed Prepeparation H, it done nothing. I went to a doctor for eye surgery and got to scared to go throu with it. I quess I will just have to except getting older Thank for all your answers Teresa

Coka, thanks for the recommendation. I have the same problem as you. I've tried so many eye creams....from cheap to expensive. Right now, I'm using Clinique's All About Eyes and it is crap. The Olay eye gel works better at a fraction of the price. However, I refuse not to use the Clinique up since I paid so much for it. When it is gone, I'll try the Loreal. Thanks!

BTW, I was told that the bags/puffiness are from allergies. I have horrible allergies, but I treat them and I still have bags. :mad:

We have a brand in Canada that really works and it's drug store makeup. You can order it online too and it's not all that expensive. I think I paid CDN $25 for a jar that was about 4 oz. It's called Reversa. This one lives up to its advertising.

Thanks xgdgirl, I found it on line and want to try it. Just one dumb question if it is 26.88 in canda what do I pay. Thanks Teresa

Check the details online where they tell you the currency. It may be that the price is in US dollars. If not, you can always use a credit card and it will be converted for you. I do this all the time when I'm in the US. My purchases are converted to CDN $ and the statement shows the US amount plus the exchange.

Thanks for the tip about Loreal, Coka. I'm going to look for it at Costco, they sometimes have Loreal products there. I think my bags are terrible but everyone else says they don't notice them. I think they are just being nice. What the heck am I going to do next year when I'm 50:eek: ?

I had terrible bags under my eyes by the time I was 35 ! People were always asking me why I was so tired...when I felt FINE !!!

I don't think ANY eye cream will take these away...I think they are caused by allergies or they are just genetic. Believe me, I tried everything under the sun!

I had my eyes done with plastic surgery...underneath bags only. It was a NOTHING proceedure. Done in the office and was back to work in 4 days with no tell-tale signs. I'm now 50 and they still look great. It was the best thing I could have done.

I had terrible bags under my eyes by the time I was 35 ! People were always asking me why I was so tired...when I felt FINE !!!

I don't think ANY eye cream will take these away...I think they are caused by allergies or they are just genetic. Believe me, I tried everything under the sun!

I had my eyes done with plastic surgery...underneath bags only. It was a NOTHING proceedure. Done in the office and was back to work in 4 days with no tell-tale signs. I'm now 50 and they still look great. It was the best thing I could have done.

I'm with you!!! I'm doin my best to save up for my surgery. (Cruises come first though) I've tried it all and the only thing that works a little bit is gel. But it doesn't do a whole lot. I hope to have the surgery within the next year....have two girlfriends that had it done and they look great!!! (I'm 51)

Charisse

I don't heal well with incisions leaving large raised scars. Surgery is out for me. So I have to find alternates. BTW I bought another jar of Reversa on the weekend at a local drug store. It was Cdn $28 for a jar that holds about 4 oz. I didn't notice before, but it's available in different strengths of the active ingredients. I'm not known for my patience, so I bought the 8% which is the maximum and after only 3 days, I can see a difference. Less puffiness and wrinkles are noticabley reduced.

Can I assume that you reside in Canada? I checked online for the Reversa product and it only comes up as .5 oz tubes and does not indicate a strength. It would definitely be the way to go for me as sight of a needle wipes me out.

I too have dark circles and fine lines, and one cream that worked for me was Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Eye Cream. My only issue with it was that it smells nasty. Sort of...fishy. But since I haven't found anything that works as well since then, I might go back to it.

I'm currently using RoC's RETINOL ACTIF PUR® Eye Contour Cream right now, but I'm not too impressed with it.

Unfortunately, bags under the eyes are a genetic condition. Usually it's caused by the fat pad that the eyeball sits on weakening and then hernitating out.

When I was in my early 20's and went to have plastic surgery on my nose, the Dr. noticed the very early stages of bags beginning to develop under my eyes. He suggested closing up the hernia, since I was already going to be having my nose fixed. I did it and thrilled that I did. I now will never get any bags under my eyes.

Weird Eyes, If you're not happy with your Clinique cream return it to the store and they will give you a full refund.

We have a brand in Canada that really works and it's drug store makeup. You can order it online too and it's not all that expensive. I think I paid CDN $25 for a jar that was about 4 oz. It's called Reversa. This one lives up to its advertising.

Since I am slightly (okay alot) cosmetically challenged - which product did you use xgdgirl that gave you the great results. I too am from Canada and will be going out tomorrow to check for this product. If the bags under my eyes get any bigger and can use them to pack my belongings for the cruise! lol :eek:

Guest Time2gocruzn

FYI...if you are concerned with saggy upper lids...your eye doctor can check to see if they are interfering with your vision. If they are even a little...your insurance may pay for it. I have a family member who I honestly didn't think her lids really looked bad at all. I sort of thought she was obsessing a little, lol. Her eye DR agreed that they were too low and her insurance will now pay for her surgery. :cool:

As far as creams...most of them are a temp fix. :( I tried Bobbi Brown eye cream the other day...felt really good, cooling, soothing, but I just tried it in the store...didn't buy it. The feeling seemed to last for quite a while so I will probably buy it when I go back to the store. It was $32. Also...all department store counters will take back their product if you are not happy with it.

Since I am slightly (okay alot) cosmetically challenged - which product did you use xgdgirl that gave you the great results. I too am from Canada and will be going out tomorrow to check for this product. If the bags under my eyes get any bigger and can use them to pack my belongings for the cruise! lol :eek:

There are several strengths available, so you should check out the website I posted above. It will all depend on your skin and how sensitive you are. I bought the 8% anti-wrinkle cream in the jar. But it might be too strong for some people. I'd recommend you start out with a small jar of a lesser strength until you know your skin will be OK with it. Shopper's Drug Mart carries it. Pharma Plus does not.

Archived