Caribbean Princess port time in St. Thomas

nabby

I would like to hear from someone who has actually been on the Southern Caribbean cruise. I am very confused as to the actual time the ship is in St. Thomas. The itinerary lists the time as 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. However, when we will be there, the local time will be 1 hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time. Local time does not switch to Daylight Savings, and I seriously doubt that Princess changes their sailing schedule when Daylight Savings goes into effect. What time is the ship REALLY there (local time)? Is it 7-5, or is it 8-6? This makes a big difference in planning our day.

Everything is on local time, so make your port visits accordingly. We have to meet a boat in Red Hook at 9:15, so whatever time my watch says, I have to meet them on local time. The time on my watch has to change that morning.

We were on the CB in Feb 2008 and did the cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. The first night the clocks moved ahead at 2AM 1 hour to AST, so we would be on the same time as the islands we were visiting. The last night of the cruise, again at 2AM, all the clocks moved back 1 hour so we were on DST.

If you are going prior to moving the clocks back, the ship time will be the same time as the islands and there will be no need to move anything.

Scott

Also keep in mind that the time in port may not be your available time. Last Christmas, it took about an hour after we arrived for passengers to be able to leave the ship. I was waiting because I had an excursion to JVD planned.

Everything is on local time, so make your port visits accordingly. We have to meet a boat in Red Hook at 9:15, so whatever time my watch says, I have to meet them on local time. The time on my watch has to change that morning.

You need to meet your tour by local time, BUT you should keep your watch on ship's time, whether that agrees with local time or not, or you might miss the ship. I have been on cruises where the ship changes time to agree with local time and ones where they do not.

It depends of where the ship originates from. San Juan and St. Thomas are on the same time zone so the ship time and local time would be the same. However, if you are leaving from the east coast, then it could be different.

If you want to hear from someone who has actually done it, then go to the roll call page and find a cruise with the same itinerary as yours and ask there. If you're on the repo cruise, it could be anyone's guess.

Archived