Tv on Summit ?

gdnr68

Hi,

I've heard that you can watch movies in your room, but what about the tv? Does the Summit have regular tv in the rooms. My dh loves his sports and would love to catch a game or 2 in the room. Also, is there a radio in the room?

Thanks for your help!

Summit, not any of Celebrity's ships, have regular network TV. No NBC, CBS, ABC or anything else. What they do have is ESPN Deportes (which is the Spanish version of ESPN and they carry a lot of soccer), sometimes it's regular ESPN, but not often. They also carry CNN, Fox News, some foreign version of TNT, Cartoon Network. There is also often repeated TV shows like Everybody Loves Raymond, old Travel Channel shows, and a few really old Discover Channel things. There are some movies and pay per view movies. Your husband will not be watching a game or two, unless it's on the ESPN channel, and they don't show a lot of US based sports. No radio either. There's no way to get a radio signal in the middle of the ocean.

Generally I agree with Kitty, but it can depend on where you're sailing too....if you're going to Bermuda or NE/Canada on the Summit you might get slightly different channels, like US cable stations rather than international, but not likely US broadcast networks.

Jeff

My husband is a sports fanatic and suffers severe withdrawal when he is on a cruise. Don't count on much and if you get lucky you can be pleasantly surprised. In our experience, if you don't like soccer or tennis, you are likely out of luck most of the time.

Archived