Roll Call - Wind Surf - Sep 18, 2005 - Barcelona to Rome

goodshape

Thought I would start this Roll Call for my son. He is spending his honeymoon on this cruise. Any of you out there on the same cruise, please join in........

My husband and I are on this cruise! I'm so happy to see someone else posting about it! It's an anniversary trip for us. We're doing 3 nights pre-cruise in Barcelona and 3 nights post-cruise in Rome. It's a great itinerary and we're really looking forward to it.

Hi DD nice to hear from you

As any and all of you see this board do let us know what you're doing in Barcelona and Rome. We could use some help in finding hotels and transportation.

www.portcompass.com does have some transport and tours for Rome but they have very little for Barcelona. We have one extra day in each place.

We're doing 3 nights pre-cruise at the Hilton Barcelona and 3 nights post-cruise at the Westin Excelsior on Via Veneto in Rome. We may do a day trip to either Naples/Pompeii or Sorrento/Capri on one of the days. We've spent a week in Rome and visited the city 2 other times, so there's nothing pressing that we feel we "have" to see. We'll probably just spend some time relaxing, strolling, shopping, & eating.

http://www.booktravelbound.com is a helpful site for information on destinations, excursions, hotels, etc. You can't actually book anything on there but you can get a lot of information.

goodshape, I'm confused. Is it just your son and future daughter-in-law that will be on this cruise or will you be on it as well?

Yes, you have it right. It's just my son and future daughter-in-law. As you can see by my future cruises the Wind Surf is not amongst them.

They were extremely lucky to book the Surf this past week after having their Radisson Diamond reservation cancelled. Three days after they booked, the Suites went from $2600 to $4400 per person and all the A and B cabins are sold out.

Yes, you have it right. It's just my son and future daughter-in-law. As you can see by my future cruises the Wind Surf is not amongst them.

They were extremely lucky to book the Surf this past week after having their Radisson Diamond reservation cancelled. Three days after they booked, the Suites went from $2600 to $4400 per person and all the A and B cabins are sold out.

Wow -- that's good to know. It makes me feel good that we booked it when we did. I booked it about 2 or 3 weeks ago and there was still a good amount of availability. If I remember correctly, we booked it right before the news of the Radisson hit.

It was important to us to do that specific cruise as it will be in Monte Carlo on the actual date of our 15th anniversary and we had been in Monte Carlo on our honeymoon, our 5th, and our 10th. What can I say, we're sappy romantics.

• 5 months later...

Archived