Visa dilemma

onlyjoni

Help, please! haven't cruised since before 9/11 and life was a lot different then. I just got my British Passport today finally, and live in Canada. Am booked on Sapphire Princess Vancouver to Sydney, Sept 20th. Have called Princess twice now and twice have been told that as long as I have my passport, I can board. But, I am worried about visas. How long does it take to get ESTA clearance? Which I must get before I can get a Visa Waiver, which is what I understand I need for US ports. Australia tells me that their electronic process only takes 2 days, or 2 weeks, depends who you talk to at the consulate -- so I know I have enough time for that, but I would hate not to be able to board because of the US requirements. I am doubtful that all I need is my British Passport. Can someone enlighten me, please? Many thanks. onlyjoni :confused:

The ESTA is usually processed online within minutes, you are supposed to apply as soon as possible , but no later than 72 hours before you travel. You should apply now while it is still free.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov

Visa Waiver for UK citizens traveling to or through the US is automatic, with the ESTA that is all you will need, you do not apply for visa waiver.

Litterally minutes for ESTA clearance (assuming there is nothing contentious on there)

I did mine and submitted it, and then started to fill in my husbands and before I had even finished filling in his form mine had come back!

Archived