Guarantee Cabin how often do you check?

vickie_bernie

Okay I rarely book a guarantee cabin, but I did this past week when i booked an October Panama Cruise. I've been checking my Personalizer probably three times a day to see if a cabin has been assigned. Am I nuts! Okay don't answer that :p

So how often do you check the personalizer to see if a cabin has been assigned ?

Daily! And we have always been so lucky, hope you are as well!:)

Jan in Mi

thanks, we booked a BH obstructed balcony, and that is now waitlisted as well at three categories above, there are a total of only 6 balconies left so I am sure we will be happy - I am just happy to be sailing again.

At least 3 times a day! I tell myself I'm going to check once a week, but darn, I have no self control and can't do it! lol Oh well. Sure hope I don't have to wait until we board. On second thought, maybe that would be a good thing. LOL

we are on the same Panama cruise and we are waiting, but not patiently. What category did you book?

only 3 times a day? really? I probably have you beat! on our Hawaiian cruise I was probably there every hour and our cabin wasn't assigned until a few days before we sailed! As long as you are happy with the category you booked, then you'll be good!

Okay I rarely book a guarantee cabin, but I did this past week when i booked an October Panama Cruise. I've been checking my Personalizer probably three times a day to see if a cabin has been assigned. Am I nuts! Okay don't answer that :p

So how often do you check the personalizer to see if a cabin has been assigned ?

I'm with you on that one... even on weekends and I'm not even sure if they update the personalizers then! Still patiently waiting for my assignment and I'm off to seas in 11 days :)

Three times a day? I bet I check every couple of hours during the week and at least once a day on the weekend. My bad. We don't cruise until November so that's a lot of checking to go it sounds like.

wow I don't feel so bad,

I love the one that wrote I check personalizer even after you have gotten cabin assignment because you just never know... I thought I was the only one that did that.

Okay off to check my personalizer again.

I have never had my cabin assigned a few days before the sailing that would drive me insane, but kind of exciting

Glad to know I am not the only one going nuts over this!!!

Booked gte mini on the Emerald Sept 5th and have not

heard a word.... Some in our group booked gte balconies

and they got assignments within a couple of days. Just

hope for good news soon.

I booked a Balcony GTY on the Emerald for Oct 19...I was told by my TA no assignment until 1 week or less before boarding. Not so, we booked on June 11 and was assigned our room June 16th. Does anyone know why so fast....????

I am grateful..... we were upgraded 6 categories....the anticipation would have killed me not knowing until boarding. But I am sure I would have checked several times a day had it not been soooooo fast! GOOD LUCK! Any room on the ship should be great! ;)

I am so glad to see this post! We booked a balcony guarantee and I check constantly, it drives me crazy! We don't sail til Oct and I may turn into a mad person! For our last cruise we booked a guarantee mini and got assigned in 2 weeks of reserving. There was a price decrease so we gave up our midship mini to get a price reduction and our TA said we would lose that cabin. We said we'll take a chance. Then Princess assigned another cabin in less than a week, it was another nice one. I heard it was cuz we were first timers. Do you think first timers get better luck?

I have 16 days until I cruise and still no cabin #. I check at least once a day if not 2 or 3 times. Booked an Oceanview guarantee. Looks like the ship is filled as every category is "waitlisted". Don't know what to expect and would be satisfied with the category booked, but still hoping for an upgrade. :o;):p

I booked a Balcony GTY on the Emerald for Oct 19...I was told by my TA no assignment until 1 week or less before boarding. Not so, we booked on June 11 and was assigned our room June 16th. Does anyone know why so fast....????

I am grateful..... we were upgraded 6 categories....the anticipation would have killed me not knowing until boarding. But I am sure I would have checked several times a day had it not been soooooo fast! GOOD LUCK! Any room on the ship should be great! ;)

it varies all the time, sometimes it comes quick and sometimes it isn't until closer to sailing; who knows

. Do you think first timers get better luck?

some people think that yes first timers do get better luck, but really I don't believe it is so, it depends on where you are going, how quick is it selling, has final payment happened.... I feel that they don't even look at how many times you have sailed.

IN may we had an inside guaranteed booked, we did get upgraded with an inside cat, and we had sailed with Princes 20 times... then there were others who got upgraded to an outside. Mind you we booked two weeks before sailing.

Given that an accessible cabin is required now we book as soon as skeds are released which tends to be 18 or more months out. However in the days we when we did book GTY's I would likely start looking every few days in the days leading up to the cruise.

I check about once a week when I am a long way out. As it gets closer I start checking every day, several times a day. We've gotten our cabin for most of the recent gty's after the cruise personalizer shut down. Once we got it fairly quickly after we booked and then the prices dropped so I switched categories and went from a gty to a specific cabin. I also check my non gty's because as someone said previously "you never know". We got lucky once and got upgraded about 2 days out. We didn't find out until we checked in. So now I always check.

Archived