Inspiration or Majesty?

nyja33

Hi all,

I am looking at planning our next summer's vacation and cruising automatically comes to mind. My son is 7 and I don't want him to be bored. I thought initially, until we find out how he does on the water, we would try either the 4 day Bahamas on RC's Majesty of the Seas or the 5 day Western on CCL's Inspiration. I'm looking for opinions or thoughts as to the activities for him mainly. Any help is appreciated!:p

WE loved the inspiration. The waterworks area is fun and so are the waterslides. My kids spent a lot of time doing minigolf also. I've never been on the mariner but we really enjoyed Inspiration. Camp carnival was awesome.

I will also vote for the Inspiration! My 6 year old son LOVED the big twirl slide and the two racer slides. The WaterWorks upgrade is definitely a fun upgrade. He also really enjoyed Camp Carnival! Good luck with your decision!

I will always go with RCCL..........4 cruises with RCCL and 1 with Carnival.

I feel that RCCL is a first class operation. But I also have read that many people like Carnival.

This is my experience...Food is a little better on Carnival....the rooms are bigger on Carnival...the atmosphere is better on RCCL...The ships are kept up better on RCCL...And my final and carefully stated last comment....the clientele seems much better on RCCL

just my two cents worth

Thanks everybody! I too am partial to RCCL, but in all fairness, have never been on CCL. The Waterworks on CCL looks amazing and I think my son would really enjoy it. I'm just having a real hard time deciding where my son would have the most fun.

Based on what's given I'd pick the Majesty over Inspiration because of food and slightly edge in service. I think both kids programs are wonderful and great. Have fun on your decision. Do you know how many sea days vs. days in Port. I'd pick more Ports betwen the two and less sea days if you have to choose and make a decision.

Hi all,

I am looking at planning our next summer's vacation and cruising automatically comes to mind. My son is 7 and I don't want him to be bored. I thought initially, until we find out how he does on the water, we would try either the 4 day Bahamas on RC's Majesty of the Seas or the 5 day Western on CCL's Inspiration. I'm looking for opinions or thoughts as to the activities for him mainly. Any help is appreciated!:p

We took our 7 yr old DS and 13 yr old DD on the Inspiration this past winter. The kids (and DH) really enjoyed the Waterworks and the mini golf. The sea days were what made me choose the Inspiration this time. The kids like the sea days because it's not so busy. It's more laid back and they get to do what they want to - waterworks, pool, camp, ice cream or hang out with friends or family. The family's favorite port (for now)is Cozumel, because it has Paradise Beach. So, that was another point in favor of the Inspiration.

Archived