Eastern Itinerary - Good bars?

mferris77

We'll be heading to Nassau, St. Maarten and St. Thomas in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good place to grab a drink (or three) in any of the locations...

Now the difficulty would be I'm not looking for wild and crazy "Let's all put balloons on our heads and form a conga line" kind of bars. We went to Carlos & Charlie's (and then upstairs to Senor Frog's, thinking it wouldn't be so bad) in Cozumel because we saw that it was talked about a lot and it's just not my style. There was constantly someone coming up to us to 'entertain' us.. and they wouldn't stop 'entertaining' us until we gave them a nice tip. I like to be left alone unless it's a bartender or waitress bringing me a drink!

So anyone have any places they could suggest that has friendly bar staff, good music and yet you can have a conversation with friends without being interrupted?

I know there's a Senor Frog's in Nassau but if it's anything like the one in Cozumel I'll be skipping it.

Sorry if I sound like a party pooper - it's just not my style!

We always wander the alleys in STT and enjoy a beverage or few at one or more of the numerous bars that are outside. Nothing special but friendly and no wild times.

Is that in the 'downtown' area or the shopping mall right off the dock?

Is that in the 'downtown' area or the shopping mall right off the dock?

In town itself. There are three or four places at Havensight and a couple at Yacht Haven Grande both of which are walkable from the ship. None of those spots get wild during the day though I have heard that the ones at Yacht Haven get going after dark.

ST Thomas: "The 19th Hole" bar at #27 Main St in the Royal Dane Mall complex. Friendly expats own it. Met them during our OI trip there several years ago. We always stop there for a mango colada.

St Martin: "Le String" on Orient Beach. Ray, another expat, will hook you up with some cold Presidentes.;)

Or of course "Sunset Bar and Grill" on Maho beach to watch the planes land.

And the "Dinghy Dock" in Oyster Pond. Holy sh*t! The best happy hour ever. It's pour your own from 5-7pm. Been overserved there.:p

St Thomas - Paradise Point. The view from the top is amazing! We always spend the last couple/few hours there enjoying their special drink the "Bushwacker" before heading back to the ship. They also serve food, have a bird show a couple times a day and have live entertainment. However, it does cost $21 pp to ride the tram up,but it is worth it!

http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/index.php

Archived